Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Mass Effect 2

WORFWORF The Burninator
The last few days I've been replaying the original in preperation and woke up today with an email saying my copy is being packaged :D

Comments

• StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I'm sure you are not the only one replaying the original game. The game is great, but I never finished it. I wasn't really expecting it to be like an RPG but more like a FPS game. I had some technical difficulties at first but even after they were fixed, I still had problems getting into it. Can't really put a finger on as to why.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I'm looking forward to playing it. Got my old savegame files at the ready! Now I just need my shiny new graphics card back in working condition to play it on something other than min spec!
  • having finished Dragon Age, I'm about to start Mass Effect. (Same developer)
    Apparently ME2 puts a bit more emphasis on combat. :)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I'm disappointed that I won't be able to play Mass Effect 2 for at least two months.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    No time or it's not available there for that long?

Worf
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    I'll wait until it's available at $4.99 like the first one.
  • CurZ...my thoughts exactly!
  • Literally just finished the first one. Bought back in sept and got side tracked. great game, but I'm definitely going to need a break before I move on to 2. Gotta finish Dragon Age anyway.

Still think they need a b5 game along these lines =/
    [QUOTE=CurZ;186473]I'll wait until it's available at $4.99 like the first one.[/QUOTE]

That's how I've been doing it for years, with very few exceptions. I just can't justify the expense. And I still have a long backlog of unfinished games.

[I]Just Cause[/I] will be the next one I'm actually planning on playing all the way through. [I]Far Cry[/I] being the last one I've ever finished. I've got plenty of games that can't be finished, at least that's the excuse, so no need to worry. :D

Even though I haven't played every single side mission, I consider GTA IV and Saints Row 2 finished, as I've completed the main quests. I still have the games installed and if I feel like it I might revisit them.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Mine was dispatched this morning:)
    And arrived today! Looks really good so far, although I've only gone thru the intro mission so far. I'll hold off playing it properly until my graphics card replacement gets here, as frankly it looks terrible on my old one with all the settings right down
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    So I completed ME2 with an imported character. I enjoyed ME2 a lot. Still there are a few things I would like changed back to the way they were done in Baldur's Gate 2, but those features have been missing ever since KotoR in every Bioware game.

So now it's time to start waiting for ME3.

[SP]Got to add that the final boss was ridiculous...and I loved it. :D [/SP]
    Ok, so I havent been able to completely stop myself from playing it! I havent really progressed that far, but what I have seen has been good.

While I wait for my graphics card to come back tomorrow, I've been playing with some of the new mini-game challenges, the hacking and such. They're similar enough to the last game, yet done in a new way thats quite fun. Also, the new resource 'mapping' in systems is fun. Not sure about the fuel tank and stations for exploring clusters tho; appart from adding a new detail, there doesnt seem much point to it at this stage of the game other than to slow down the gameplay a bit.
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    [QUOTE=ShadowDancer;186512]And arrived today! Looks really good so far, although I've only gone thru the intro mission so far. I'll hold off playing it properly until my graphics card replacement gets here, as frankly it looks terrible on my old one with all the settings right down[/QUOTE]

Now I know you cant be from Scotland.

Mail NEVER arrives in one day in here.. To be honest, it arriving at all, or into your actual own apartment with your actual own address, is a miracle.
    Heh that's because it's being delivered by courier! ;)
    [QUOTE=ShadowDancer;186569]While I wait for my graphics card to come back tomorrow...[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by [I]come back[/I]? Where did you send it and what did they do to it? :D
    It was probably taken hostage knowing that he wants it for Mass Effect 2.
    I bought a geforce gtx 260, but it had the unfortunate habbit of crashing after 5mins of playing anything. Sent it back and the company said yes it was in fact buggered, so I'm getting a replacement and praying to the computer gods that it isn't buggered too
    Never fun with new hardware that doesn't work. good luck with the new one.

What i don't like about the renegade and paragon alignment system is that I don't feel like going purly one side, and it feels like I am missing out on stuff because of it.
    That's what I thought, your card's not coming back. They never do. You sent her out to die in horrible obsolescence. That's so heartless. I'm sure you told her that everything's going to be alright. :D
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Just a word of caution: don't do what i did and finish the game in 3 days (~32 hours of playtime, yes, one of those days was a workday where i did go to work). Too intense. Returning to work after that just seems so ... meaningless.
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    No computer to play it on at the moment (My PC didnt like water..)..so I guess it have to wait until I can afford a new one.
    Well the card came back today, and what a difference its made! :D
    [QUOTE=RubberEagle;186586]Just a word of caution: don't do what i did and finish the game in 3 days (~32 hours of playtime, yes, one of those days was a workday where i did go to work). Too intense. Returning to work after that just seems so ... meaningless.[/QUOTE]
    I already did :D playtime around 28 hours. I understand how you feel, that's why I'm looking forward to Mass Effect 3, but it saddens me that I know it will be that last of the trilogy. :(
    I actually managed to find [URL="http://www.infoaddict.com/the-many-failures-of-mass-effect-2"]someone who isn't happy with ME2[/URL].

And no, I didn't write the article. :D
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Just finished. Amazing game. I was really impressed by how much work was put into even little details. Spotting things that were reflected by my decisions in the first game. I'm not talking about the big decisions either, that's pretty obvious. I mean how even the side missions have an effect, one of which took an entire two minutes at most to complete in the first game.

And they're going to be doing that again with the third! Can't wait!

RubberEagle, that's pretty much how I felt about the first. So I went right back in and replayed it.

Worf
    Hah! I knew you wouldnt be able to hold off playing it Worf! :p
    I managed to find my old copy. I'll give it another go. :)
    I finished it a couple of days ago. What a game! Easily as good as the first, which means IMO its the best series of games since Knights of the Old Republic came out. That said, I think the final battle of the first game was the better of the two, probably because it also had the space battle going on at the same time.

I also just downloaded the soundtrack to the game from itunes. Have to say its pretty good listening too, but then I'm not quite the same soundtrack nut as Darkblade :p