Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Lost - Final Season

WORFWORF The Burninator
It has begun. Anyone else still watching?

Comments

• StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I guess, I will, but they aren't making it any easier with those between season breaks. I have no idea where or when they are at in the story. Pretty lost at this point.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Nothing to stop you rewatching past episodes.

Worf
    Actually, the first episode is indeed a recap episode.

So if you've never seen the first 5 seasons, all you need to do, to know as much as we do, is to watch the recap episode of the sixth season.

You will be none the wiser, it will just seem as if you knew what is going on. :D
    Trying to catch up on this show... had a few comments on the first couple of episodes but the board software ate them.... and I'm way past of getting upset with this s4!t, so eff it.

Anyway, I don't see how Lost is going to tie up all the loose ends if the writers add an alternate universe to an already complicated plot.
    Sometimes I feel like the only one who has figured out what's going on with Lost.

Worf
    Well, you must be one of the writers then. :D

I must congratulate you for the one-liners given to the airline/chopper pilot. He always cracks me up. :D
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    I think its been been really good so far. The alternate universe has added an extra layer of complexity but I like it. I haven't seen the latest ep yet but the last one where alternate Ben did something good for Alex was a really nice episode. Especially at the end when they all met up on the beach.

Yeah the lines given to the chopper guy are brilliant. He's kind of an older version of Sawyer.
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    So far I'm mostly following Ben, Flocke, Richard.. and.. umm.. Yea. Those are who I'm most interested in.
    Well, I agree with you on that they are the most interesting characters, everyone else is pretty much relegated to a secondary role. Fortunately for us, the actors and writers are doing a great job, even if it's still not clear what is truly going on.

I mean with those parallel universes, it's really hard to tell where it's going to go.
    Loved the Richard episode.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Yeah that one was cool. Was great to see where the Black Rock came from and finally find out if Richard just used Loreal for Men to defy the aging process (like Matthew).
    I would say Richard's episode (9) is quite possibly one of the best of the entire show. The reason for this is that it actually tells a fairly straight forward but intense story instead of trying to wrap our minds around an encrypted plot.

We kind of figured out that the place is some kind of gateway standing between hell and Earth, so in that respect we are not really much the wiser.

[sp]Jakob wants to keep the black smoke being from leaving the island and the black smoke being calls Jakob the Devil. Locke is now reincarnated as the black smoke being and one of the six chosen is supposed to replace Jakob and Richard "Ricardo Mascara" Alpert is supposed to know how to go about that. Don't recall seeing anything about the original black smoke guy before or how he came about.[/sp]
    BTW, I just noticed something in episode 10. The purple pimpsuit guy (Martin Keamy) who got shot by Sayid because he was harassing the family of his girlfriend, is also the unlucky hitman hired to dispatch Jin and is also the merc that killed Ben's daughter on the island??? He should be dead by now. :D

Also, I've seen that translator somewhere on the island before... and if memory serves, he got killed now twice too. Wow, we are back adrift in the hostile seas of writer's hell.
    Episode 11 is basically a Desmond Hume episode. While there is some action with Charlie, it's actually a well balanced episode and a pleasure to watch. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it feels like it was carefully prepared and slowly cooked, just like a nice meal. :)

There are some confusing parts in it and those split realities are difficult to make sense of. All of a sudden it seems like those alternate realities happen the way they do not because of that nuke that went off on the island, but because of what the characters want inside those alternate realities to happen. On the island they are/were victims as opposed to being the captains of their own destinies in the alternate reality.

Anyway, not sure who's still watching, but the show has stepped into philosophical altitudes at this point and may have turned off a bunch of viewers.
    Episode 12 ends up being a Hurley episode. "I see dead people" being a recurring theme here. You know this show has been going on for too long when you meet characters again that you hardly remember and who were "killed" a few years ago. I don't really remember what happened to some of them, it's been so long.

Poor Locke, sucks to be him. :D
    I remembered Libby.
    I remembered Libby getting shot after Michael asked Hurley to tell her he was sorry.
    Episode 13 comes across as yet another filler episode. The cast is basically being shuffled around the islands and if they are not holding each other at gun point, they are conspiring to do something. Either way, it's really hard to keep track of where they are all at or where they are heading to. That's why I had to LOL when Widmore's sub fired a few shells at Locke's location. How did they know where he was?

All this show is going to accomplish is get people to dislike tropical islands and sandy beaches.
    I have no problem keeping track of where the characters are and what they're doing.
    Ok, let's start an experiment here. Watch what happens:

I don't like vinegar on my chips. :D
  • Purple!
    You scottish?
    I'm hungry.
    But... vinegar.. on chips. Scotland is the only place I've seen that. This city I live in for example, it smells of vinegar.
    Episode 14 (13 if you don't count the recap, so my numbering has been off by one for a while) looks to be the beginning of the end. Quite an emotional ending to this episode too, as could be expected. Some characters are making an early exit. Either way I suppose it's going to be emotional until the very end.

Only three more episodes left.... and then we can all run out and buy the special collectors edition director's cut box set and watch it all again to make sense of it all. :D

Except Worf, who knows what's going on. :D
    Episode 15 deals exclusively with the origins of Jacob and his rogue brother with no name (aka the Man in Black). While it's nice to know their story, nobody really cares (except maybe Worf) about that as the show never was about those two. I suppose the writers are going to waste another episode to tell us the origin of the black smoke as well...

I have the sinking feeling that no matter how much they are going to tell us, we'll never get all the answers of what this is all about. Everyone on the show was an extra, in reality it was all about the black smoke all along. Thank you for watching and good night. :D
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    I've stayed away from Lost nearly the entire time it has been on television, since I didn't get involved from the start, and didn't want to try and play catchup.

That said, my prediction for the final episode: It will piss off fans much worse than the final episode of BSG. It will end up being an esoteric final chapter that fails to wrap any loose threads up.

Jake
  • NembotNembot Trainee
    I will really miss Lost when it finishes :(

Final season feels a little rushed, although there were some great episodes.
    Yep, episode 16 feels just as rushed. It's like the credits are already running and most people have gotten out of their seats heading for the exit. A few more casualties and there won't be anybody left for a spin-off. :D

One more episode and it's over... sniff... and I still don't get it. :(
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    I stopped watching near the end of season 1, sometime after season 2 was announced. That's when I knew it was going to go from "great" to "Craptastic".

Was I right? :D