Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Free C&C: Tiberian Sun

BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
EA has released another C&C game for free.

[url]http://www.commandandconquer.com/classic?sourceid=eag1321[/url]

Comments

• Awesome, I didn't even know they were doing that. Just downloaded it.
  • Dammit, how dare they? I paid freaking $35 for this labor day weekend 1999! Do they really think they can just release it for free so soon after I bought it!?
  • Because EA has already ruined the current C&C brand, maybe their developers can now find out what the C&C is all about by actually playing this game.
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    What was there to ruin, exactly? C&C is about as formulaic as a game series can get.
  • [quote]C&C is about as formulaic as a game series can get.[/quote]
    Exactly, and it was superb! And currently its not.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    C&C practically set the formula.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [QUOTE=sinclair;186813]Because EA has already ruined the current C&C brand, maybe their developers can now find out what the C&C is all about by actually playing this game.[/QUOTE]

I hate to say it, but have you actually played those early C&C games recently? They're pretty much dead-on related to what we are getting now. Red Alert 2 and 3 diverted toward a cartoonish reality (keeping in mind that it seems a fairly reasonable move given how the story progressed), but the core of C&C itself has maintained solid enough focus. The general problem is that it hasn't exactly grown beyond those basic RTS roots. I, however, don't really see why it needs to. I love the cheese of Red Alert, and I enjoyed the dark oddness of C&C (though I haven't played the last installment of C&C in too much detail, I do have a decent enough experience to work from) and liked the not-so-changing dynamic between games.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Has 2 (Still wrapped) C&C: Red Alert CD's. Never been played. Why I still have them is anyones guess.
  • My experience on newest C&C is only few levels... Why only few? Because those few levels were the most horrible gameplay experiences in my entire life.

With old C&C, I was able to play hours after hours.. Waiting to get on the next level.. But with the new one, no way. It was like going thru hell while Lordi plays "Would you love a monsterman" on the background... And I mean in negative sense.

Why would I want to pass a level? To see more plastic boobies? I dont know if you like that as a "better direction" for the C&C series.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I never actually finished Red Alert 2... replaying the same mission over and over isn't really my way of having fun.

I haven't touched the C&C 3 series of games yet. And C&C 4 is set to be released soon.

I feel like I'm starting to get too old for this $Hi4. :D
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    I haven't really played a computer game in years. No desire to.
  • I have so many PC games to play, but I...just....can't....stop playing....Civ 4.....

Or Sup Com whenever I get invited to another game :P
  • yeah I have 5 currently in play but none finished, free time is sparce
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Yeah it's all about finding the free time to play them these days. There always seems to be something else that gets in the way even on my days off :(