Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

StarCraft II Beta starts today

If you signed up for it, check your battlenet account. Im in!

Comments

• WORFWORF The Burninator
    I'm not :(

Worf
  • I'm not yet.

There's a live stream on 1up.com
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Not in. Sob sob...

But then again.. I was in the closed beta for World of Warcraft.. But who wasnt?
  • [QUOTE=Lord Refa;186908]Not in. Sob sob...

But then again.. I was in the closed beta for World of Warcraft.. But who wasnt?[/QUOTE]
    The sane people.
    Does that mean I'm sane? :(
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I didn't know there was a competition on who gets into which beta testing session. :D

The vicious cycle of releasing unfinished games is certainly not going to end if you keep jumping on those betas. Let the devs sit in their own sweat for a change... Imagine a beta testing session for a AAA title and nobody signs up?!
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    A beta isn't a released game. A game is more likely to be released unfinished without one.
    I would like to revise my first statement in this thread to "I am" :)

Worf
    [QUOTE=Biggles;186913]A beta isn't a released game. A game is more likely to be released unfinished without one.[/QUOTE]

In my experience there is no fine line between a beta and a released game. :D

I don't see any change in that policy, especially with patches coming out on or shortly after release date. You are still basically buying a broken product.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [QUOTE=WORF;186915]I would like to revise my first statement in this thread to "I am" :)

Worf[/QUOTE]
    But definitely not the second statement! Because just being here clearly rules you out from being sane!
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    What is this sane you speak of?
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Nothing you need ever need worry about RC ;)
    But I was never in the World of Warcraft beta...

Worf
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [QUOTE=Stingray;186916]I don't see any change in that policy, especially with patches coming out on or shortly after release date. You are still basically buying a broken product.[/QUOTE]

The entire point of an accessible beta testing campaign (Open or Closed vs none at all) is to widen the range of users. bug testing adequately developed code and content. While many games do get rushed out without sufficient bug fixing, several others do.

The problem seems to be that the latest trend in large-scale open beta testing isn't really bringing in a fair number of users who actually understand the purpose and submit bug reports when they encounter issues. Example: Star Trek Online. Many users played the open beta and simply complained about the lack of content and presence of bugs, doing nothing about them. In my own case, I tagged at least 200 bugs with a detailed-enough report of my circumstances leading up to it, but I highly doubt it even occurred to many others to do similar things.

If a game goes from Open/Closed/Internal beta to buggy, the sources of this are either poor bug tagging or lazy/underfunded developers. I tend to lead toward the former.
    That's what I fear is happening, you get a lot of people trying out the game just for the sake of quenching their curiosity, but not to do any real testing and bug reporting.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    Thats exactly what is happening. No testing, just people rushing so they climb up the beta ladders. Im actually pretty frustrated because I am the guy who likes to test, and its not happening.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    Worf if you would like to do some testing, let me know, I think you can contact me in game SpiritOne.AQM
    I will add you next time I start the game.

Just played three matches against the ai to try out the different races.