Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Shutter Island

StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
...is yet another Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio collaboration. The movie is very moody and dark. If I had to describe the island I would compare it to a mix of Arkham Asylum and Alcatraz.

The story is interesting for the most part but you really need to pay attention to actually understand what it going on during the final act. Specifically, you can't always tell what is real and what is not and thus I think [URL="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1130884/"]Shutter Island[/URL] is a bit unfair as it sets you up right from the start and you really don't stand a chance at guessing what is actually going on until the end.

There are quite a few plot holes and you are forced to take certain things for granted even though they don't seem to make a lot of sense.

Comments

• Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    I really want to see it, but have not had a chance yet, When i was down in Florida my folks said that i should read the book, that it was absolutly fabulous.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Not sure how the book can fix the flawed initial premise... unless the movie took poetic license and changed the whole story.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    A movie changing the whole story of a book? UNHEARDOF!!!!! :)