Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Doctor Who Returns

WORFWORF The Burninator
I almost destroyed the tv, it said "no signal" and I missed the first few minutes!

But I really liked it. Matt Smith is a good choice for The Doctor and I like the girl too. A good fun start to the series.

One thing I didnt like, the space cgi is terrible. It's the kind of thing you'd expect to see in the average fanfilm.

Worf

Comments

• StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Must be a British thing, the need to swap the actor playing the main character. I understand that Sean Connery and Roger Moore are too old to be jumping out of airplanes, but stepping out of a police box??? Come on!!! :D
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    It's because William Hartnell became too ill to continue being the Doctor, so they worked out the regeneration idea to keep the show going.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I'll try and watch it tomorrow at some point on the iplayer
    Yes, you should.
  • I just can't get over that the latest companion is Spoiler: a stripper :D. Wonder where Moffat is going to go with [i]that[/i] juicy bit of plot.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Not a bad start for the new doctor. Quite fast dialogue giving him a slightly crazy/eccentric air. The sexy red head scot girl works for me :D
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Well I commented on it on irc the other day, but I'll add some more thoughts here.

I liked it, quite a lot! I always thought Eccleston was a better Doctor than Tennant (nothing against him, he's a fine actor, but I always felt Eccleston was a better fit, more what the Doctor should be), and this felt like a natural extension of that. There was still a bit too much running around shouting and loud music for my taste, but I can overlook that....

ESPECIALLY considering the HOT new sidekick! That is one fine looking lady! Despite that, or rather, in addition to that, I actually found her character to be rather good fun. I think/hope she'll turn into a good foil for the Doctor's wit to play against. She certainly had some good moments in the first episode, so I hope it continues.

Did I mention she's really really hot? :p
    Saturday's episode was excellent. I really like the way the series is going now we have Moffat running things.

And I like Amy.

*cough*
    Oi! I called dibs on her first! :D

Anyway, yes I also really enjoyed the latest episode. Matt Smith is fantastic at playing such a range of aspects of the Doctor, from his delight in new things, to the anger and outrage on discovering the truth about the [sp]starwhale[/sp], to the hint of sadness when the Timelords were mentioned.

And Amy is hot...really, really hot! :)
    I called dibs on her when she was first announced as the companion :)

Worf
    your call is invalid as it didnt include a shotgun claim.

which mine now does: i call shotgun on amy/karen gillan
    Not good enough I'm afraid. I call [URL="http://www.epicycle.org.uk/images/minigun2.jpg"]this[/URL].

Worf
    Thats ok, I call [URL="http://www.eikongraphia.com/wordpress/wp-content/DeathStar.jpg"]this[/URL]
    Are you really sure you want to do that?
    No you're right, [URL="http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Essays/Vorlon.jpg"]this[/URL] would be more appropriate
    Heh, you should try clicking on that link :)
    Ok, try [URL="http://www.jumpnow.de/p/season4/404/404_002.jpg"]that[/URL] link
    Try [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVVuOf2EYEc"]this[/URL] link.
    [URL="http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/batchelor/lorien/lorien01.jpg"]try this one[/URL]
    Good luck getting to him.
    I have always been him
    Yes folks, we were bored! :D
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Just watching the second episode. Kinda like it. I must say that all my worries about the Doctors outlandish looks have been wiped away.

Anyway.. looking forward for more. Seems like a quite a ride to be heading our way.
    I find myself surprised by the fact that I'm actually looking forward to watching the next episode tomorrow, which looks to have Ian McNiece, who I rather like, as Churchill.
    Last episode was a bit of meh.. I mean, I've never been a fan of Ian Mcniece myself. The guy playing the scientist on the other hand.. He's one of those "that guy!" types I see all over the place. Can't put my finger on it, but he's awfully familiar.

I liked the biscuit/cookie bit. Got kinda hungry for those, even tho I know I cant stand the british versions of those.. Prefer the finnish ones. More tasty.

But yea. It did have some good bits, some bad.. and daleks.. oh come on.. I hope they get some new villains this season. And no more sontarans..

Sonta = manure in finnish. And that's pretty much how I view their design and whole style. Boooorrrriiing. Most of DR Who villains are boring.

Those weeping angels seem fun, but remind me of something..

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/rmsp7a.jpg[/IMG]
    Shockingly I agree with Refa about the last episode, altho I still like Ian NcNeice. Suspension of disbelief was definitely required
    Oh, and Karen/Amy was very hot in this episode ;)
    Yeah, it wasn't as good as the previous two episodes.

Not sure I like the new Dalek design, looks a bit too cartoony and silly for something that's supposed to be the ultimate killing machine.

It was nice to see the Daleks weren't ultimately and utterly destroyed. Again.

You need to watch Blink.

Worf
    So.. You're saying Daleks werent silly and cartoony before?

Hell.. Even C-3PO looks more menacing than they do!
    I wouldn't go so far as to say C-3PO was more menacing, but possibly more annoying :p

I kinda like the new look for them except for the colours. I was just waiting for a pink dalek to come out and the rainbow would have been complete!