Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Edge of Darkness

StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
Another intrigue and conspiracy laden drama with Mel Gibson as the worn out cop who's trying to make sense of it all.

The only flaw that stood out to me was the fact that Gibson's character didn't realize that he was exposing himself to radiation when he found the tainted milk bottle in the fridge. Aren't cops supposed to put 1 and 1 together and figure out that maybe radiation poisoning may be the reason why his daughter got sick? And even when he was showing the same symptoms he still didn't react.

While I understand that he was grief stricken, he didn't need to be a nuclear physicist to get this, especially when he was using that pocket Geiger counter on the hair he cut off his daughter's head early on. Now how irradiated does one have to be to make a Geiger counter react like that? The irradiated ground at Chernobyl doesn't cause that kind of reaction as depicted in this movie!

I wouldn't touch a thing in that fridge. In fact I wouldn't stay in that house. :D

Other than that, it's a rather predictable movie. Some nice action scenes peppered with some vindication for good measure. I guess that's what Gibson is known for and a role he's admittedly quite convincing in. :D