Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Fringe

ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie."London, UK
Yes I know there's other threads on it, but seeing as I've only watched the first few episodes I don't want to walk into some spoilers ;)

I bought the season 1 boxset a couple of months ago, but have only finally started watching it, and what I've seen so far has been very impressive! Anna Torv is really good, and good looking (had to get that off my chest!) and seems to me to be have solid, well rounded character to play. Joshua Jackson also fits his role well, and seems a much better actor than I expected.

But as far as I'm concerned, the star is definitely John Noble. The character is beautifully written, and I never know which way he's going to jump next, but Noble's performance is just amazing. There are times when I think he is [I]actually[/I] insane, and not just acting a part.

Something else I really like is the small bits of humour interspersed throughout. It's not a lot, it's not over the top, but it is really funny in places!

All in all, I've been very impressed! :)

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    John Noble is brilliant in it, and so is Joshua Jackson (a much better actor than his CV would indicate). But together, they're a perfect dual act.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    My favourite line so far has to be from the pilot: "lets make some LSD!" :D
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Well, I just finished season 1. My considered opinion thus far: wow! That was really good! It just kept leaving me wanting more and more, but not out of frustration at the writing. I just kept [I]having[/I] to watch the next episode to get more answers and more questions.

And I can't wait to see more of Leonard Nimmoy! :)
  • You won't see enough of him, sadly. He was only in a few episodes, and the end of this last season was his last episode. Thankfully, he is in it quite a bit and has some pretty good lines.
    Ah thats a pity! I'll just have to enjoy it all the more then! :)