Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Star trek and iPads

ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie."London, UK
[URL="http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2010/08/how-star-trek-artists-imagined-the-ipad-23-years-ago.ars"]interesting reading[/URL], tho I'd rather have the Enterprise than a PADD personally ;)

Comments

• That series is honestly the primary reason I want a slate style device.

I don't even have a use for one, but that makes me want it. lol
  • AnlaShokAnlaShok Democrat From Hell
    I'm waiting for HP's WebOS pad device.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Wow, I only posted that a few weeks ago but I've got no memory of doing so!
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Maybe it was an imposter that posted?

And I have the lcars app on my iPad :)
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I've been debating getting it, but some of the reviews for it were less than brilliant. You think it's worth it?
    It's just an app that lets you view various news, facebook and tweets in one place, with the lcars interface.

They need to add more features.

Worf
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Or if you have android based you can have a tricorder: [url]http://code.google.com/p/moonblink/wiki/Tricorder[/url]
    I have that on my phone :)
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Every time i'm at bestbuy I pick up the iPad and play with it, Its a neat toy, and if it were $100-$200 i might buy one. But at the price they are asking? I'ts just an iPod with Elephantitis.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    The new evil google/verizon Juggernaut will have a new pad with the chrome OS on the markets on black Friday.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    Yeah I feel the same way. Its a neat toy, but I cant really justify its costs.
    Yeah the price is the only real downside. It still makes me wince, but I'm glad I got it. Apart from the lack of Flash I've no other complaints