Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Political Question Concerning B5 Secession

So basically up until Severed Dreams, the commander of B5 also acted as the official Earth representative to the B5 Council. When B5 declared independence, Sheridan no longer represented Earth. I understand the Clark Regime was growing more isolationist, but considering that they still maintained diplomatic relations until the blockade in Season 4, wouldn't it make sense for the EA to send an ambassador to B5, if at best just to keep a positive spin on the EA?

Comments

• WORFWORF The Burninator
    Sheridan would be on the council to represent the station, which was central to the diplomatic efforts.

I doubt Clark would have wanted a diplomatic presence on what he would consider a rebel colony.
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    If I recall correctly, the Earth Alliance was completely isolationist under Clark, so I don't think he cared much about relations with the other races.
  • I know that after Severed Dreams, Sheridan would represent "Babylon 5" as an independent state, and I understand that Clark was isolationist. But it wouldn't hurt for Clark to have a token ambassador to at least try to make a positive spin on what Earth was doing (as I mentioned in the original post, B5 and EA had at least economic ties up until the blockade after the Shadow War), and it would also help for that ambassador to act as an agent for EA to help undermine B5's rebellious efforts.