Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Was given this goodie

Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
A friend of mine who is an honest to g-d rocket scientest was cleaning out his office at MIT and found this in the closet, he thought i'd be interested so he gave it to me...

Now i just have to figure out where to get it developed!

From Shuttle Negatives

From Shuttle Negatives

Comments

• January 1992, to work on the space lab...nice. :D
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Yeah, so far i've just checked out a few of the pics with the naked Eye, some moon shots and earth views. i can't wait to get it developed, unfortunately, it looks like there may be thousands of pics on the roll, So i gotta find a cheap place, lol
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Maybe it contains the plans for a Death Star
  • Insert the obvious "That's no moon" comment here.
  • That is too cool!
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    What about getting one of those film negative scanners and scanning them yourself? They seem to be pretty cheap these days. The Guardian always seems to be advertising one in its store (why, I don't know).
  • Cannot it be done with just normal scanner/camera + photoshop?
    Because its a color internegative and not a traditional negative i'm not sure, as well as it being on a full strip instead of cut into 5 shot negatives.

I'm talking to a friend of mine who used to own a photoshop to see if i can't find the best way to get them done,.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    I've used a scsi Nikon slidescan a few times. Not sure if it had an adaptor for film like that.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    The one I've seen in the Guardian shop scans one photo at a time, running the strip through the little scanner. It would be able to handle a strip of any length.

According to wikipedia, an internegative is just a name for a step in the production process that involves a negative print, so it might be just like a normal negative.
    Hmmm, if it could handle a reel of this size then that would be perfect, i don't want to cut the strip, but i'm really excited to see whats on them!

Annd crap, i just spilled coffee all over this computer, oddly enough, it's still running, better wipe it up fast....
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Just try not to spill anything over the reel! ;)
    Nah, it's in a safe place away from my coffee.
    I like how you took the time to post about spilling the coffee over the computer instead of rushing to clean it up!
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    It's all about priorities! For instance, if you accidentally chop off your arm, you're most likely going to post about it online before calling for help.

;)
    You're still posting online and you lost your head how many years ago now RC? Altho I think your subsequent cries for help have been more of a symptom of psychiatric illness than genuine physical discomfort :p