Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

keyboard debounce...

JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
Anyone know of software or driver for Vista that can help with my Acer Laptop keyboard problems of key bouncing?

I had to buy a USB keyboard for it just so I wouldn't throw it across the room...

Comments

• Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Software, yep, Linux.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Did turning down the key repeat rate make a difference?
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    No. Iit'sss the actual keyss, typpiically the ss, ii, pp keys (ass you can sssee)
    The USB keyboard works fine... :(
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    I don't think software is going to solve an obvious hardware problem Jack. Don't you just love the quality of products that come from China? ;)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Whether it's a bouncing connector or someone really slow at typing, the keyboard repeat rate is designed for turning long key signals into a single signal. If that's not working, your hardware is [i]really[/i] bouncy. :)
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Only snake liver oil cures keyboard hissing.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    It sounds like a corroded conductor somewhere within the keyboard's innards (or perhaps on a ribbon cable). Software won't help you, but a quick trip to ebay would likely find a replacement under $20.
    [QUOTE=Sanfam;190789]...Software won't help you, but a quick trip to ebay would likely find a replacement under $20.[/QUOTE]

Kinda what this $12 Logitech USB keyboard is doing! :)
    Try CAREFULLY removing the keys that you have an issue with and cleaning the contacts and/or springs (use something dry, like rubbing it with your fingers). Sometimes that helps for these issues, but more than likely it's a keyboard electronics failure rather than just dirt.
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    Nasssssty hobbitsssessss.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Sssssilly Curzzzssss :p
    SMEAGOL! Smeagol knows best!
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Mine!Mine!Mine!Mine!Mine!Mine!Mine!Mine!Mine!Mine!Mine!

Oh sorry wrong film.