Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Things to do in Cologne?

FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
Heading out next week for my first trip to Europe for work.

Starting out in Basel on Tuesday, then up to Belgium for a few days of work, then I am staying in Aachem for the weekend so I have a couple days to hang out in the Cologne area. Curious if anyone was familier with the area and could suggest things to do...

Looking forward to it!

Jake

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    The Dom is an obvious must. Make sure you climb the bell tower for spectacular views, inside and out. The roman museum is smaller than I expected but still very interesting. There is a good chocolate factory shop near the river. The shop is fun, but I didn't go on the factory tour (we decided our money was better spent in the shop). The platz between the Dom and the river in the direction of the chocolate factory has some nice pub/restaurants.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Cool, the Dom does sound interesting.

Too bad it's not August as Spa Franorchamps is nearby.

Jake
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Sitting in my hotel in Aachen, staring out at the Dom just a short distance up the road. I just got back from a overnight in Alkmaar in northern Holland, and after a long day of customer visits and seeing lots of windmills and sheep, I am finally getting some decent internet access. Tomorrow is more customer visits, then a visit to the Dom.

Jake
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    It's an impressive sight, isn't it? It really dominates the skyline.

I remember Aachen, or at least, it's station. :p