Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Reminder Today is the last day for Artifacts from beyond the rim

Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
[url]http://www.cafepress.com/b5books[/url]

Just got mine. Dunno why but had a few extra bucks and had to get it.

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I may just have to invest in that!
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Nice! gabbed a copy.

And I noticed how insane Cafepress' express delivery is. £40!

That's more than the book!

Suffice to say, I went with the cheap option.

Worf
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I have just invested in that! :)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Am I the only one who just sees a lottery?
    Well thats better than seeing dead people...
  • It looked tempting, but in the end I decided I could live without it.
  • [QUOTE=Biggles;191357]Am I the only one who just sees a lottery?[/QUOTE]You were a day too late.

I, for one, can't believe I just paid $45 for a book.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I neither could, nor did pay. 'Doh!
    As much as I want them, I could never justify the cost of any of those books. I don't understand why he makes them so expensive. It can't be for money, because if he charged less, more people could afford them and would likely buy them.
    The limited edition thing is annoying too. If they don't want fans selling their collections for $1000, they need to make them available cheaper and for an unlimited amount of time.

Worf
  • Don't worry Worf. There's still four more lottery drawings left. :rolleyes:
  • JMS should release this stuff in the Kindle store. What publishing problem?
    I'd buy Kindle versions at a reasonable price. It'd pretty much be pure profit for them at this point.
    I just got an email telling me that my copy is on it's way.

And I agree with Biggles' suggestion. An e-book format would make the content available for everyone and it would be different from having a physical copy so the idea of having a unique collectors item is kept.
    I got an email too :)

And I also agree with the ebook idea
  • We could make a petition. B5 Petitions always work.
    I wish they'd go the ebook route, as this would offer the greatest flexibility of content while providing the lowest possible cost of production and distribution. Since the materials are already laid out in some digital medium, the conversion process would require minimal effort. Unfortunately, I don't see this happening largely due to the apparent effort to preserve some sense of exclusivity to its current owners.
    Shockingly, I actually [i]won[/i] the lottery. Now I'm faced with an awful decision. I really want those books, but I really don't want to pay $650 for them.
    Heh. Buy them, then give to me! You're not spending $650 on them, you're spending $650 on [i]me[/i]! See how easily that fixes the problem?
  • [QUOTE=Biggles;191435]Shockingly, I actually [i]won[/i] the lottery. Now I'm faced with an awful decision. I really want those books, but I really don't want to pay $650 for them.[/QUOTE]When did you hear? A Wednesday?

The drawings are supposed to be on Sundays...my guess is that they're rather quickly burning through people who balk at paying $650.
    My copy arrived today :)
    Mine was delivered by a Vorlon courier today.
    Is that why it took so long?
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    [QUOTE=Biggles;191515]Is that why it took so long?[/QUOTE]

They only deliver once every thousand years.
  • [QUOTE=Biggles;191435]Shockingly, I actually [i]won[/i] the lottery. Now I'm faced with an awful decision. I really want those books, but I really don't want to pay $650 for them.[/QUOTE]
    So did you in the end buy them?

I also won a lottery drawing, when these books started coming out I couldn't afford them, now I could.
    Mind you, it was expensive, but in the end I think it was worth it.
    I was more interested in the introductions and episode comments by JMS than in reading actual scripts, but I did read a few scripts and found them interesting too.

I did also order Artifacts from Beyond the Rim on the last day, after having bought the whole scripts+movies books not buying it would have been silly.

Now I am eagerly awaiting the release of more of the Crusade books.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    I already have vol 1-3 and 15. Have been tempted to buy the set and sell the vol 2 & 3 to recoup some of the investment. I'll keep my original Vol 1 as I got that signed by the great man himself in London with Worf as a witness ;)

A lot of money but I'm already making excuses. One benefit of being single (again) is one can buy such things an not have to explain why. I submitted for the 1st lottery and won but the timing was bad (splitting with gf, mortgage renewal, solicitor fees... not good!). But this time... annoyed I've missed Artifacts from Beyond the Rim though.