Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Printers

2»

Comments

• Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    That's cheating! lol, I was hoping to avoid that since i have to buy a new color laser this year anyway. Guess i'll stick with the 309 even though i hate it!
  • Funny you should ask this as I read the following article just yesterday:
    [url]http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2011/02/ask-ars-if-im-printing-in-color-should-i-get-a-laser-or-an-inkjet-printer.ars[/url]

Maybe not the exact answer, but not a bad read (and has some links that may be useful too).

I have an HP Color LaserJet multifunctional printer in my office (CM1312 series, the lower end model, USB connection, with USB printer sharing enabled for some coworkers to print there too).
    It prints quite well. The scanner is OK, but only for slightly larger than US letter, a US legal sheet goes beyond the scanner area, some books also don't fit too well. Color printing is OK, but if you want to print stunning looking photos the default settings might not do it.
    The scanner/copier it has is actually quite good and fast, but the scanning software does not allow much tweaking or editing.
    Be aware that if you have a similar one HP will likely have it set to lie to you about toner levels. I've had it in "low supplies override" mode for many months now and have yet to run out of toner.
    I need a fast workhorse as this is for work, i must have legal size scanning, And the customers who want color laser, will not settle for color inkjet, no matter how nice the print is.

But with the cost of toner for the color inkjets, i'm going to have to charge .75 to $1.00/page to print color laser.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I suggest considering the Brother MFC-9xxxC/CN multi-function color laser. Their up-front cost is roughly on par with HP units, but speed is significantly higher due to using a single pass process, scanner quality is superior, and toner costs are reduced. Also, I prefer their network management system over that used by HP.
  • I also highly recommend Brother printers. I've bought several dozen for offices at the various organizations I've worked at and never had a problem beyond needing to reorder toner or a new drum for the unit. Generic brands of toner are out there for them as well.
    All my lasers are currently brothers, and i love them. i was looking at the 4040, but i'll check out the 9XXX series. Thanks
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [QUOTE=Entil'Zha;191613]All my lasers are currently brothers, and i love them.[/QUOTE]

He ain't heavy, he's my brother....
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    All my lasers are mounted on my starship.