Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Nintendo 3DS

Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
I've been having fun with mine, atleast moderate.

Sure, the cameras arent that superb, but i have gotten some nice pictures outdoors now on sunny days. Mostly flowers, cats etc..

Never had any sickness or anything even while playing for hour or two while tired. Dead or Alive Dimensions, as its the only game i currently own.. Loving it anyway. Kinda hoping for Tekken for 3DS too. I like Street Fighter games, but the controls are a bit too hard for me.. will get that one when its on discount.

But yea, its a fun, expensive, toy.

Anyone else got one here?

Whats your friend code?

oh yea.. bought mine at heathrow, for 150 gbp. Which i thought was a decent discount. And they say shopping helps when you're feeling down, and that definitely helped me some.

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Shopping always helps when you're feeling down. At the very least, the new toy provides a distraction for a while. :)

I had a play with a 3DS in a shop here for a little while. It seemed like a pretty nice device, but I wasn't convinced about the 3D screen. The lower resolution stood out a bit too much, emphasising the lenticular aspect of the screen. I think if it had a far higher resolution, it would work well.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    I also played with it in a shop. Pilotwings. Not that impressed. And the line-up of games isnt that great, so well see. I do like the glassesfree 3d though.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    i played with in the store, thought it looked lame as hell, 13 year old daughter wants one tho
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    As long as you enjoy playing with it! Can't say I'm tempted however. Even if I was, there's too many other things demanding my cash at the moment :(
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    I did try that monkey ball game before buying, but pilot wings i knew outright that it wasnt for me.

But yea, Dead or Alive Dimensions has been pretty fun. Just need more local online players, or people that dont have every movement in muscle memory.. i feel bad for being beaten in like first 5 seconds. :P

The resolution on the main screen itself is fine, just, it should definitely have much higher resolution on the cameras. Lack of camera flash isnt as bad, but just vga quality pictures. You can only get really good pictures outside in the sun, while taking close ups.

Taken some pics of flowers etc around here that way, and they look stunning. But lot of other ones look kinda lame.

Still, It's definitely not worth paying the full price at 289 euro/199 gbp or whatever.. But if you get it for 129-159, it's more of a purchase.
    And oh yea.. I am waiting for some of those new Resident Evil games, being a fan..

And any sidescrolling platformers. The Raving Rabbids in Time 3D seems good, but only from a discount box.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    My daughter has a dsi and dslite that she is going to try and trade in to get the 3ds, so maybe we can save some cash there
    If you've bought stuff online for the dsi, you can transfer them to the 3ds.

If it's dsi XL, i would recommend changing the ds lite for the 3ds, if its regular dsi, then i would recommend keeping the ds lite instead for better battery.

And if you do trade it in, I would recommend transferring all the data first! That should be coming out with the next update, on june 7th.