Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Windows phone 7 app

C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
If you got a Windows Phone 7 cellphone, why don't you try out [url]http://www.windowsphone.com/en-GB/apps/16c8719c-019e-417b-957c-1b335024c3d2[/url]

That version of Klondike Solitaire will blow your mind. ;)

Actually this Klondike Solitaire is just as simple as they get. But it's free and no adds. :)

Comments

• StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I didn't know Microsoft was still in the cell phone business. I only hear about Samsung and Apple duking it out in the courts, and Blackberries failing left and right. But what is Microsoft up to these days? Don't tell me Nokia is still trying to keep its head above the water.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Nokia is supposed to launch their Windows Phone tomorrow. Still think Windows Phone 7 OS can be a player in the smartphone OS market as the OS is really slick, smooth and easy to use (I would assume this is what made iphone good). There are some bigger drawbacks but at least a major one was just fixed with the recent update, multitasking.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Windows Phone is a sad, sad story. The interface is very slick and very well designed, with a high level of usability. Alas, MS came too late to the party and is struggling to get any recognition. Whether linking up with Nokia, who basically made all the same mistakes but on the hardware side, will help is up for debate.
    I don't see it as nokia doing anything wrong in the hardware department (except for touch screen, but that too had software issues), it was software that was and still is their problem. Not helping by pushing confusing services at the customer (like Ovi). Possibility with Nokia teaming up with MS is that Nokia still has dedicated followers and that might give Windows Phone 7 a bump.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    My backup phone is a bare bones Nokia... it's good enough for calls and SMS. It's durable and it holds a charge quite long. It's the Lada Niva (4x4) of cell phones.
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    I'm a finn, but I havent used a Nokia phone in years..

Yes, the basic ones are still pretty good and durable, the ones you only use for calling and txt, with basically able to play the snake game.

But on the smartphone area, I've been sadly disappointed. The touch screens I have tried and all, just fail for me.

Been more than happy with my Motorola, and recommended Samsung ones for my friends.

Will see what they can do with the Windows phones, i'm a gamer.. so if they get some good gaming apps or anything, i might go back atleast for a try.. but right now, ho ho ho and it's an androids life for me.
    I had an N900 which was cool, but got an HTC trophy now so no Nokia for me neither.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE=C_Mon;194058]I don't see it as nokia doing anything wrong in the hardware department (except for touch screen, but that too had software issues), it was software that was and still is their problem. Not helping by pushing confusing services at the customer (like Ovi). Possibility with Nokia teaming up with MS is that Nokia still has dedicated followers and that might give Windows Phone 7 a bump.[/QUOTE]

I meant more that they screwed up handsets in general than specifically the hardware of them. But you're right, it's consistently been in the software part of their products where they've failed recently. Being unable to decide on and commit to a software strategy for any length of time didn't help.
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Nokia has always wanted a proprietary ecosystem, which is why they didn't jump onboard with Android (and also why the Linux variants they had were not given much funding or attention). This is why they went with MicroSoft - proprietary ecosystem for the offering, and a vendor that really wants to get their stuff out. Do two weak offerings make a strong offering? It will be interesting to find out when the phones finally hit the market.