Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

I Haz a Kickstarter!

Check it out guys. Its a concept album for a musical stage production I'm hoping to put out. Since this community tends to be older and, well, less poor than others I visit, I think I'll post this little gem here and see what you peoples thinks.

[url]http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1772950786/in-odins-name-concept-album-funding[/url]

Comments

• Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Interesting project.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Good luck to you. If the kickstarter thing doesn't take off, you guys should try the old-fashioned approach, you know, work. :)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    What bizarre thought process makes you think that he hasn't worked really hard to get to this point?
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    And doesn't have to continue working hard?

Good luck to you Seafroggys!
    Unless I misread, the amount that they are trying to raise is $3000. This is not outside the realm of what one can earn through work instead of, pardon the expression, e-begging. They are not trying to do something that is out of reach of most people as far as I can see. But what do I know?

There are video game projects asking for a capital of $650K, which is a whole different pair of shoes. I'm not trying to short-change Seafroggys' project. Anything that produces something positive is worth doing. :)

And yes, my thought process is doing just fine, thank you for asking. :D
  • Hahaha, thank you guys for the thoughts.

Actually, $3000 is what I'm trying to raise, its gonna cost AT LEAST $5000 which I'm funding the difference myself. So I'm already working my ass off at work to make that happen.
    Very good, keep doing what you are doing, satisfaction guaranteed and you won't have to thank anybody for it. I'm putting the finishing touches on my own home and it feels really good to look back at what I was able to accomplish even if it was hard. :) And yes, a bank is also involved in the financing, that's how the cookie crumbles in this part of the world. :)

You may also want to reconsider digital distribution. [URL="http://www.bluesnews.com/s/135640/lorne-lanning-on-micro-publishing"]Food for thought.[/URL]
  • If you read my kickstarter, that is exactly what I'm doing.
    I skimmed over it. ;) I got things to do too. :D
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Damn banks!!
    So far four (4) people managed to pledge a grand total of $70.00 into this project. With about 5 days left, I seriously doubt that the goal of $3000.00 is going to be reached.

I don't really know what the odds are for an average person to get anything done on KS, but it sure proves that a popular brand or name still carries a lot more weight. Oddly enough there are more people who like music than there are gamers and yet Chris Roberts has no problems getting support.

I knew it was going to be tough, I just didn't realize how bad it would be. No reason to get discouraged though. No surrender, no retreat! :)
  • Yeah it got to Day 15 and I gave up. I mean, even if it was at $500 I would have still pushed, but it wasn't even to $100 yet so I was like....fuck this.

Its interesting, because as we've seen computer games, even pretty niche stuff like Project Eternity (which I supported) or Chris Roberts' game (which I will support) makes bank. But music barely gets any support from KS, despite being much more popular to the masses. I think its because games tend to have higher quality control than music. Like, its easier for a no talent hack to promote their music than it is for a no talent hack to even remotely know how to begin to program a game....it has a much higher bar for entering.

I'm not too dissuaded by this, as I said I have some funds set aside for this, so I can get started, but it'll have to be like me waiting every couple of paychecks to continue work on it, so rather than taking two months it'll be more like six, or even longer. And I'll probably still do pre-orders for people that want it.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Ah that's a shame. I would have donated, but its 4 days before payday and I'm down to my last £40 :(

If its any consolation, I've also not donated to Star Citizen yet either ;)