Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Expanding the site...

I was thinking about what we could do to expand the site a bit...nothing really bandwidth intensive, just a bit more meat.

I'd like to see a section of the site devoted to articles...everything from reviews of the DVDs and B5 merchandise to discussions of themes in the show.

One idea I had for an article was an eBay guide...a lot of people post links to eBay auctions of Babylon 5 merchandise and props, and one of the questions that arises most often is "Is it an authentic piece of B5 merchandise?". I've got an idea for a basic guide on how to better tell what's real and what isn't.

So what do you guys think? Is there room on the site for something like this?

Comments

• Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    i think if we collapse most of the non essental or not getting used forums like crusade, lotr, some of the foriegn forums, the warleader forum it could work.

but just adding more forums while so many are inactive might not be prudent.
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    I'm not talking about adding another forum. I'm talking about a "features" section of the site, with a list of articles.
    ah

ya you have my permission then hehe.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I like the idea, having things other sites do not have. I think we should also ax the unactive mods and drag the rest to the front page. We should also get forums.firstones.com while we are at it.
  • ArgoneArgone Genuine Klingon
    Sounds like a good idea! Run with it. [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/biggrin.gif[/img]

------------------
    [b]4 Thousand Throats can be cut in one night by a running Warrior[/b]
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    sounds good to me...
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Now who will do the writing :-P
    Yes, well, this needs approval from Sanfam before we even think about that.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Actually, that's one of the ideas I had when re-desiging the site, but really had *no* idea where to start, how to do it, or hell, what to put and where to get it.

If someone else would be interested in doing it, I'd gladly authorize it! It's probably one of the best site-content ideas. And hey, bandwidth usage isn't a huge concern right now, so even intense content could work.

As long as it's good, it's fine by me!
    I'd be interested in writing a test-article...I've got some ideas for an eBay-related one already.

I think that the once an initial article is written we would just need to have a decent-sized icon linking to the articles section.

[This message has been edited by samuelk (edited 12-11-2002).]
    is 7x7 pixel area good enough? [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/biggrin.gif[/img]
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    No, no, no!

It's supposed to be done in increments of 5.

5x5 should do. [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/tongue.gif[/img]
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Actually, I know a website with this capability. I don't think I could talk him into writing a site for us though. He likes space and sci-fi, but I have never gotten the impression he is a B5 fan.
  • JamboJambo Scriptkiddie
    Ill write the scripts if you want them