Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

B5:ITF should be made open source like the linux world

I feel that if whomever owns the code up to this point is unwilling to continue it they either have to sell it off or trash it.. well why not make it open source??..

The Linux world has had great success with this approach. I know there would be people interested in taking this code and finishing it out.

It could also stand to benefit by being ported to more platforms. I.E. If it was open source it verywell could be ported to Win, Linux, Mac, C64 or whatever [img]http://www.firstones.com/forums/smile.gif[/img].

Lets not let ANOTHER company try and take this over so they can run it even further into the ground. Let the people who are most interested in it have it and turn it into something wonderfull!..

Comments

• Linux would be nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
    I'll be back!
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    but the sales would suck bigtime. linux is a small, rather unpopular operating system. Not many people use it, and the majoprity of which have nto heard of b5 at all.
  • hornethornet Trainee
    sanfam: You miss the point. It would be free or possibly shareware (minor support fee). If no one is willing to develop it and sell it now then dont throw a way the work that has already been done. Release the code to anyone willing to run with it.

Linux is FAR from small. It is definatly not a main stream OS (yet) nor is it the best choice for a Game development company such as Sierra to specificly make a game for. But it is perfect, if not better to develope free games for. I wonder where you come up with the idea that Linux users never heard of B5? It seems these are the exact kind of people that would be interested in B5. Well of course the Linux/Win debate could rage here. We dont need that to happen. Thanks

Hornet - (ex Amiga user(where B5 GFX were first developed) and current Linux user)