Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

what about a real small demo Demo??

i dont think im asking to much when i say, what about a demo, only about 1 or 2 levels and malti play, just inuf to give us an idea of what it will be like (and shut up some ppl for a while). ontop of that people from the real world will be able to to tell perspective developers what we thing, because we are the people who will be byeing it.
and that way the dev's will have an idea.
as far as content, im not asking for much, just a couple of levels, filled with bugs i dont care, just inuf to wet our taste buds, and breath new life into the fire (sorry about any pun)

the new delvelopers may not be able to get this game and the fan fair ant everything from nuthing, but they can 'blow on the remaining embers' and hope.

well that is my say, now for yourz

if you build it, we! will come!

Comments

• ForallForall Earthforce Officer
    Simple really, that is the reason why we won'
    t get one till it is at least bought up.

Sierra owns the code for that demo, no chance they'll do something nice like that...

------------------
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Sierra owns everything to do with the actual game. A demo exists (it was finished days before the cancellation), but we won't see it until the game is at least bought, possibly later.

------------------
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.

"Nonono. Is not Great Machine. Is...Not-So-Great Machine. It make good snow-cone though." - Zathras
  • Biggles, Kewl.... now all we need is some one on the inside to 'leek' it out.....

well can try.....

some one there has to care... the mail boy maby??

worth a try any

hehe
  • PrometheusPrometheus Earthforce Officer
    So don't the developers have anything left from the game? What about the musics of the game? Does Sierra [img]http://www.firstones.com/forums/mad.gif[/img] own them too???

------------------
    No Surrender, No Retreat
  • TokalaTokala Earthforce Officer
    Look at it this way. Not a single line of code, not a single note of music, not a single frame of video can exist ANYWHERE ouside of Sierra's demented little hard drive. Any attempt to get a demo out before the game is purchased would result in a massive lawsuit so hot that it would probably make the devil sweat. (that is if the devil wasn't allready running Havas)

The long and the short of it is: Don't hold your breath unless you look good in blue and like massive headaches.

Them's the cards we got right now. Draw, bluff or fold.

Tok

------------------
    tokala@qisfl.net
    Security Chief, EAS Patriot
    American Fleet
  • nepanepa Earthforce Officer
    Just a thought.
    What if Sierra would erase all data of ItF.
    Then what?
    Goodbye code and graphics...
    Would Sierra be so stupid.

But demo would show how good game would be.

[This message has been edited by nepa (edited 03-14-2000).]
  • ZathriZathri Earthforce Officer
    Then there would be no potential for any money or use of the engine.
  • ForallForall Earthforce Officer
    They wouldn't, it would ruin the chances of selling the code for money and making a profit on this endevour.
  • I was so excited when i heard awhile back(Before the Cancellation) that they were going to release a Demo and some copies were going to be included in the November Babylon 5 Magazine.

But the decided to cancel it, Very poor time.

I don't think we need to go overboard with having so many things in the demo. If all of this presented to Sierra(*IF* they were going to, then they wouldn't consider it)

Just 1 level of play, like an Instant Action in progressive waves. Like they did in the MW3 Demo. That's basically all we need for the moment. I would pay alot to get the game going again. But we shouldn't ask for too much.

Just a little Interactive demo would be nice.
    1 Level basically or 1 Space-battle.

------------------
    En'til'zha Veni in Valen's Name

A Tribue to Marcus Cole.
    The Greatest of the Rangers.
  • PrometheusPrometheus Earthforce Officer
    Yeah, maybe someone at Sierra accidenttaly destroyed all the files and now they pretend that they just don't want to sell it! [img]http://www.firstones.com/forums/mad.gif[/img]

------------------
    No Surrender, No Retreat
  • Well the only "official" Babylon 5 game that came out was the shockwave game and i just got it e-mailed to me. It really sucked. I think that we are getting too hopeful for anything. I was so excited until I got past the directions. right now i doubt we will see ITF. Yeah I know there's hope but we got too hopeful with codemasters (and they basically did what Sierra did "restructuring") We should have been looking for other companies at the time. There is one big prob though. B5:ITF will probably never be sold. It's only real value is the engine. That's because all publishers are going internet multiplayer entirely. Babylon 5 just was in the wrong place at the wrong time. One month started earlier and it would haveprobably finished. I know I know it's depressing. But we still have hope. A little light is what we have left. Kinda like when everyone thought Sheridan was dead...........
    and he came back

-------------------------------
    Life is a suicide mission
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Any attempt to release anything to do with the game without getting permission from Sierra would seriously hamper our hopes of ever getting The Game.

------------------
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.

"Nonono. Is not Great Machine. Is...Not-So-Great Machine. It make good snow-cone though." - Zathras
  • Da10n1Da10n1 Earthforce Officer
    even if they released a nice lil movie of the game demo in action, that would be enough.

at the end of the day, sierra have, at the moment got their head on the wrong way round. and thats it.