Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

The Hobbit part 3!!! Oh boy!!! (Spoilers for part 2)

2»

Comments

• Unlike the LOTR movies, the primary motivation of this trilogy was to make money rather than a faithful adaptation of the book. If you look at it from that direction, the movies were great.
  • Yeah, and now we'll have to deal with idiots who think they know about The Hobbit from watching the movie, but who are totally clueless. Hell, I'm not even a fan of The Lord of the Rings really, but bad adaptations just piss me off. Of course, these movies are still better than that horrid "I, Robot" abomination.
    And like I said before, the Princess of Mars movie stands as an example of what can happen if you actually give a damn about following the source material. Sure a few things were altered but they weren't that big of a deal. I mean, it's not like A Princess of Mars had the most amazing story ever, but what I'm saying is that it's pretty entertaining, and I left that movie happy, because I thought they did a great job adapting the book.
  • I'm on the Middle Earth Minecraft server, and boy the movie n00bs are fun to deal with. With the Hobbit just coming out, everyone and their stepsister comes on asking about Erebor and Laketown, when they're not even close to being started yet (Gondor is being worked on, and Rohan, Lorien, and Eriador are done)
  • edited February 2015
    MCME is a fun place. Linux client seems to dislike it, sadly.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    edited February 2015
    I should start my minecraft server again at some point.