Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Unbelivable !!!!!!!

2»

Comments

• CnlPepperCnlPepper Earthforce Officer
    Online version: [url="http://www.un.org/law/icc/statute/99_corr/cstatute.htm"]http://www.un.org/law/icc/statute/99_corr/cstatute.htm[/url]

PDF verison: [url="http://www.un.org/law/icc/statute/english/rome-e.pdf"]http://www.un.org/law/icc/statute/english/rome-e.pdf[/url]

For those in the USA for the ICC this link might be of some interest: [url="http://www.usaforicc.org/"]http://www.usaforicc.org/[/url]

CnlPepper - Working his way though [url="http://www.un.org..."]www.un.org...[/url]

------------------
    [b]HW:B5TC Dev. Team Member and B5TC Board Moderator.[/b]
    [url="http://www.geocities.com/cnlpepperplanet"]CnlPepper's B5 Mod Resources[/url]
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Ahh! thank you!
    I thought this might be of interest.

If a village of a 100 people represented the whole world there would be:

57 Asians
    21 Europeans
    14 from the Americas
    8 Africans

52 female, 48 male

70 non white, 30 white

70 non-Christian, 30 would be

89 heterosexual, 11 homosexual

6 people would possess 59% of the entire village's wealth and all 6 would be from the US

80 people would live in sub-standard housing

70 would be unable to read

50 would suffer from malnutrition

1 would be near death, 1 would be near birth

1 would have a college/University education

1 would own a computer
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [quote]Originally posted by A2597:
    [b]but when the nations of the world come up with some stupid idea. For example "Child Rights" or "Womens rights" Example included in this bill: if a women WANTS to stay home, her spouse has to PAY her? get real! [/b][/quote]

Ok. Womens rights: Is this not better than keeping women down, not letting them vote, and prosecuting them for out of marriage sex when they are raped?

Childrens rights: What is your problem with childrens rights? I cant believe any sane person can have a problem with children having rights. Im sorry, but I get pretty angry when people think beating children is ok, killing 9 year old children because you dont want them anymore (this happens!). Im sorry if that makes me strange, but I do.

Women wanting to stay home have to be payed: What? If that is a part of UN rules, please show me. Otherwise, What?!

------------------
    Passive fields. January two thousand and twelve. A nation that stands alone. Cold voices, faces pale, Gathered unto their judgement day. Such words remain unspoken. Such pride remains unbroken. Just mothers to stand in vain and cry. Tears and medals in the rain. Shall I recall when justice did prevail? No reason to be found why reason did fail. The all clear resounding. The way was clear to rebuild this land. Shall I call on you to guide me well, To see our hopes and dreams fulfilled? On this day of our ascension.

VNV Nation - Honour
  • [quote]Originally posted by Messiah:
    [b] Ok. Womens rights: Is this not better than keeping women down, not letting them vote, and prosecuting them for out of marriage sex when they are raped?

Childrens rights: What is your problem with childrens rights? I cant believe any sane person can have a problem with children having rights. Im sorry, but I get pretty angry when people think beating children is ok, killing 9 year old children because you dont want them anymore (this happens!). Im sorry if that makes me strange, but I do.

Women wanting to stay home have to be payed: What? If that is a part of UN rules, please show me. Otherwise, What?!

[/b][/quote]

Your examples are good ones, but there are other items on those bills that are just stupid, no child should have the right to sue his/her parents, etc. the bill for child rights only excalates problems that already exist. Teachers already have no control in a classroom because if they try to punish a child, they are unfair, and the child can get them fired. I've seen kids that have called Children and Family services, and had his parents sent to jail, and they themselves put into foster care for the sole reason that they were mad at their parents. (They lied to HUD, they hadent been abused, and were sorry they had done that, but most liekly, they will never be reunited with their parents, and will spend the rest of their childhood in the care of foster parents).

The above is 100% true, I met the son that did this, and it is an example of what happens when you give a child these kinds of rights. They abuse them.

------------------
    [b]whitestar90: [/b]"it would give the computer a heartattack just looking at it" -
    [b]Sanfam: [/b]"And Drazi didn't like it one bit.-
    [b]Mr.Bungle: [/b][i]"So that's where the forum went..."[/i]-
    ---
    [b][i]ahhh, the good old days of HTML.[/i][/b]
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Yes, some children might abuse their rights, but I believe that is far better than the alternative.

And for sueing, I dont really know how common that is in other countries, but here in sweden, its really not common at all.

Anyway.

------------------
    Passive fields. January two thousand and twelve. A nation that stands alone. Cold voices, faces pale, Gathered unto their judgement day. Such words remain unspoken. Such pride remains unbroken. Just mothers to stand in vain and cry. Tears and medals in the rain. Shall I recall when justice did prevail? No reason to be found why reason did fail. The all clear resounding. The way was clear to rebuild this land. Shall I call on you to guide me well, To see our hopes and dreams fulfilled? On this day of our ascension.

VNV Nation - Honour
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    What I love is the fact that alot of countries have already carved an "out" the entire middle east plus some have tentivly signed the treaty with "reservations" stating that Islamic law will take precedence of the treaty provisions. Thats going to be the basis for them proceding to ignoring it entirely.
  • In some ways, what the UN is doing is good. In others, it's not.

Alot of the human rights treaties coming out of there try to do TOO much. For example, one of the parts of one of the Women's rights bills/treaties would legalize prostitution in signing countries to "give women a source of income" or something like that. That could, for starters lead to just as much abuse as in the first place! Also, the Koyoto Accord (dare I bring it up?) would have severely and unfairly penalized the US, while exempting other countries that were doing more damaging things to the environment than we were. It was unfair in the fact that countries that were producing more pollution than the US would have to pay less.

Before they try to change the world, the UN should at least get the basics down. First pass a bill outlawing the basics - abuse ov women, mutilation of women, etc - and THEN try to take it further. If you try to put too much in this bill, eventually you're going to step on EVERYONE'S toes. And, of course, those with the backbone to stand up will be labeled as "Against Women's Rights" or "Against a Clean Environment." It's like Al-Qaeda saying we want to destroy Islam because we're going after them; we do not want to destroy all of Islam, only the millitant, unreasonable extremists.

Instead of pointing fingers and penalizing, the UN should focus on finding and solving problems.

Oh, and in my eyes, the picture of America as the 300 lb giant fits perfectly. Other countries want to be fat like us, all they have to do is gang up on us. Tyrrany of the majority. The little guys want something, they can just beat up the fat guy. If they can't do that, they can try to make him feel guilty and get what they want that way. (EX: labeling him a woman hater, like the above treaties)

Charity should not be forced, and nor should too much be given. It should not give, but it should encourage sustenance. Again, the 300lb giant comes into play. It's just as unhealthy to have a bunch of leeches sucking off his fat as it is to have him be 300lbs and everyone else down to a malnourished 80-something.

Those of you who say that the gap between rich and poor in this world is wide: you're absolutely right. Don't try to shift that balance overnight, though. The resulting upheaval would be harmful to both sides, and you know it. This is especially true when those with money can spend that money to research technologies that will help lower that gap (ex: GM foods). At the moment, there aren't enough resources to bring EVERYONE to an acceptable quality of life. But we are working on it.

Instead of complaining, leeching, or pointing fingers, the "little guys" should focus on some body building of their own. And if they give the frelling giant a chance, he just might help them out. They just have to remember that he, like any person, has his own likes, dislikes, personality, and agenda. He's not perfect, but neither are they. Only by helping each other out will progress be made.
  • JamboJambo Scriptkiddie
    [quote]Originally posted by croxis:
    [b]I thought this might be of interest....
    [/b][/quote]

It was! But where did you find that info?

------------------
    Its ok, I'm not really Joe Walsh either
    I found it on one of the hand-outs in class last year. I also found a book just published with the same information, and more!