Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

ITF game music

Does anyone know where I can download the music from Into the Fire?

I tried musicofb5.com but it seems to be gone... at least for now hopefully...

I had it on my computer before... but that was on the laptop my school makes me rent from them, and they made me give it back and take a different one, and there was no wasy for me to save it (I know there are ways, but none would have worked on that computer... long story...)

Hopefully one of you will know where I can find it...

Comments

• croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    That site is down! I didn't get all of the music either. You might be able to buy the music from Franke's site, or look for it on google or your local file sharing program.
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Hmmm...I guess I can set up my FTP server for those that want it...

Give me a few minutes...just don't abuse it.
    Ok - here it is:

Server IP: 141.195.134.16
    Port number: 28888 (yes, its nonstandard)
    Username: b5
    Password: firstones

As I said, don't abuse it. It will probably only stay up for a few days and it will probably not be up all the time (I have to shut it down when playing certain online games).

I have all but 1 of the peices that was on TheMusicOfB5.com on my computer (the one I don't have is the one with Lando talking in it). If someone wants to put up a site for permenent access (Sanfam?), please [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/smile.gif[/img]

--Random Chaos
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I tried to access your ftp but there was a problem with getting a directory list after I had logged in.

Worf

------------------
    "Have you ever wondered why there are so many dead worlds out there? Let me tell you why. It's because despite the best advise of people who know what they are talking about, other people insist on doing the most massively stupid things." -Galen
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [quote]Originally posted by WORF:
    [b]I tried to access your ftp but there was a problem with getting a directory list after I had logged in.

Worf

[/b][/quote]

You might try turning off PASV if its on, or turning on PASV if its off.

------------------
    ..And so it Begins

http://www.firefoot.com
    You must be in passive mode for this server. Its a rather basic server and has many problems.

Its on a non-standard port due to my school's firewall.

-----

Also, I know people have had problems with some FTP programs in the past (CuteFTP for instance) - I think this problem had to do with them not using Passive mode though. I know for a fact WS-FTP is compatible with my server.

-----

If you still can't get it, give me a message on ICQ and AIM and I'll see if my school's firewall will let me send you the files that way (IM transfers work for 50% of the people only and its my end thats the problem usually).

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (edited 09-13-2002).]
  • okay, I know this is gonna sound stupid probably... but I can't get it to work... I've never used an ftp before so I dont know if I'm doin something wrong or not.. I keep gettin this message:

connectiong to 141.195.134.16:28888
    Connected to 141.195.134.16:28888
    220 TYPSoft FTP Server 0.96 ready...
    USERb5
    331 Password required for b5
    PASS (hidden)
    230 User b5 logged in
    SITE 141.195.134.16
    500 'SITE': command not understood.
    ! Connect to final destination failed, so quitting

I dont know if that made sense or not... like I said, I'm new to this and feelin kinda dumb right now [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/wink.gif[/img]

SWEEEEET never mind.. lol, I got on now!

[This message has been edited by Canuck (edited 09-13-2002).]
    Ok - for those that can't get an FTP program working, here is another way:

(The problem is it leaves multiple excess connections on the server that are inactive)
    ftp://b5:firstones@141.195.134.16:28888

Also, I fixed a problem with the server. It seems that having a space in the directory structure caused directory display problems when I was actually trying to display the full directory to remote. I changed the settings and it now shows it as a virtual root directory eliminating this problem.

I hope you can all get on now [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/smile.gif[/img]
    On another note:

I've mentioned the missing MusicOfB5 site to Sanfam and he said he'd look into whether he can get permissions (copyright wise) to host the music files on Firstones.
  • Thanks!

Do you or does anyone else have the MP3s of the Main game theme and extended theme? They had those up as free samples a while ago I think... but I can't find them anywhere...
    Ok...I've changed FTP servers - if anyone has problems with this one tell me so I can fix it. Got a non-freeware one going now that is MUCH easier to use.