Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Sliders

Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
Ok, Did any of you guys watch Sliders? I watched it a little when it was on, I saw maybe 10 episodes total, But since Sci-Fi started showing it, i've actually been watching it from the beginning,

You know what? It is a lot better than i remember it being, It was actually a pretty good show, Now they ran into the same trouble as Babylon 5, the 5th season got very very strange, But all in all, not as bad a show as i had remembered.

Comments

• Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    it was a cool show until the 3rd season. when the cro mags became their main adversary, not the worlds they were in.
  • It was a good show... until someone killed the doc... and the odd little slider-cannon-carrying aliens came [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/biggrin.gif[/img]

------------------
    This is not a subliminal message. Keep walking. Thank you for not noticing.
  • [quote]Originally posted by Hofnar:
    [b]It was a good show... until someone killed the doc... and the odd little slider-cannon-carrying aliens came [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/biggrin.gif[/img]

[/b][/quote]

IIRC, it was John Rhys Davies who wrote the script for that episode. He wanted his character killed off.
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Yeah...the doc never should have died.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [quote]Originally posted by Random Chaos:
    [b]Yeah...the doc never should have died.[/b][/quote]

Well John Rhys Davies has always been one of my favorite character actors, ever since Indy.

I didn't mind the Cromaggs so much, because it did give the show more of a story arc, rather than the randomness of just going from world to world.

What lost it for me, was when the replaced Quinn with Quinn. The guy who was supposed to be basically the same character, but played by a different actor, I didn't like that one little bit.

But all in all, i'm definately enjoying the show much more now than i did in its first run.
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    [quote]Originally posted by Entil'Zha:
    [b] Well John Rhys Davies has always been one of my favorite character actors, ever since Indy.[/b][/quote]

He did a very good job as Paladin.

------------------
    We are here to place President Grenewetzki under arrest!
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    It was a great pity when the doc died, but I kept watching it. I didn't give up until Remmie was the only original one left. Then it got dull.

------------------
    [url="http://www.minbari.co.uk/log12.2263/"]Never eat anything bigger than your own head.[/url]
    "Nonono...Is not [i]Great[/i] Machine. Is...[i]Not[/i]-so-Great Machine. It make good snow cone though." - Zathras
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [quote]Originally posted by Biggles:
    [b]It was a great pity when the doc died, but I kept watching it. I didn't give up until Remmie was the only original one left. Then it got dull.

[/b][/quote]

That was pretty close to the end anyway wasn't it?

I did like Jerry Doyle and Peter Jurasik's guest spots
  • Captain,SimmondsCaptain,Simmonds Trainee trainee
    That show was Prity Good