Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

ROFL!!! (mark 2) - News Article

2»

Comments

• MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [quote]Originally posted by Tyvar:
    [b]THEY ARE NOT DIFFERENT ETHNICITIES![/b][/quote]

I never said they were.

[quote][b]The comparisons to the American Civil war are false, there are alot of stories about the reltaive amicability off of the battlefied between the two sides, what was occuring was a political battle. While there are numerous examples of friction after the war, they are not that great, the south has remaind a fairly solid part of the Union.[/b][/quote]

So youre supporting me on that part?

[quote][b]The question you need to ask more deeply then is why would egyptian radicals decide to machine gun european tourists? supporting israel? maybe, but I doubt it, supporting the US? but what about when they kill say a Swede? or is there somthing else going on?[/b][/quote]

I could go out on a limb and guess they are doing it to get our attention. They dont care who they kill, as long as foreign news reporters come and report the stuff. As I said, this is the only way for the poor, desperate man that sees no other way to make himself heard.

[quote][b]Tsk Messiah, you slipped up, go back to the
    archelogy and Anthropology! books[/quote][/b]
    [quote]posted by me: if you want to sum it up real [b]badly[/b][/quote]

------------------
    Talk is silver, but violence is gold.
  • FaylornFaylorn Elite Ranger
    [quote]Originally posted by Messiah:
    [b]
    I could go out on a limb and guess they are doing it to get our attention. They dont care who they kill, as long as foreign news reporters come and report the stuff. As I said, this is the only way for the poor, desperate man that sees no other way to make himself heard.

[/b][/quote]

How 'bout this: they don't know their Swedish. The victims are white, their western and the gunmen are not asking for name and registration... I saw this episode of Maximum Exposure where they shot at a British reporter. From the looks of it they couldn't have known his nationality or profession, they just started shooting. Just goes to show generally when people blame something they blame the whole of it.

------------------
    [url="http://www.zmag.org"][i]Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.[/i][/url]

"Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he eats for a life time. But teach a man to BE a fish, and he can eat himself."
    --Dennis Miller, Dennis Miller Live

[This message has been edited by Faylorn (edited 10-24-2002).]
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Yea, and personally I dont blame them. Western world have done many bad things to the 'arab' world (including the crusades, like the sacking of Bysans during the 4th crusade).

------------------
    Talk is silver, but violence is gold.

[This message has been edited by Messiah (edited 10-25-2002).]
    I don't know... they certainly have a right to be angry, but indiscriminate fire? Not only does it alienate the Western voter, the very people with the power to change things, but it is being as bad as the bad guy, only on a smaller scale.

------------------
    [url="http://www.zmag.org"][i]Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.[/i][/url]

"Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he eats for a life time. But teach a man to BE a fish, and he can eat himself."
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    The crusades were in retaliation for past actions, particuarly against the Seljuks (and to settle some scores with the Byzantines for things that happend during the split of the churches)

Also there was a big problem with Arab raiders running around doing things like say sacking rome, invading sicily that kind of thing, but things were fairly calm, then the Seljuks started closing out the holy land to christan pilgrems and causing problems (note most of the arabs didnt like the Seljuks either)

Oh well, its all americas fault so they machinegun anybody thats white? riiight, you do realize that they wouldnt CARE if the person was not american?

oh well, I say the US returns to pre 1900 isolationism, evidently all we do is mess things up, so might as well turn things over to those who know better right?
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    [quote]Originally posted by Faylorn:
    [b]I don't know... they certainly have a right to be angry, but indiscriminate fire? Not only does it alienate the Western voter, the very people with the power to change things, but it is being as bad as the bad guy, only on a smaller scale.[/b][/quote]

Agreed.

------------------
    We are here to place President Grenewetzki under arrest!
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    [quote]Originally posted by Faylorn:
    [b]I don't know... they certainly have a right to be angry, but indiscriminate fire? Not only does it alienate the Western voter, the very people with the power to change things, but it is being as bad as the bad guy, only on a smaller scale.[/b][/quote]

Agreed.

------------------
    We are here to place President Grenewetzki under arrest!
    [Tyvar] The crusades were in retaliation for past actions, particuarly against the Seljuks (and to settle some scores with the Byzantines for things that happend during the split of the churches)[/Tyvar]

Perhaps so but, if I remember correctly, they tried to grap the Silk Road and several Arab trade centers, including Egypt. Europeans were constantly at war and economy is a huge factor; naturally each nation joined the Crusades for their own interests. Of course most history books record it as some kind of holy war which is bolonie. Sure the average soldier thought they were fighting one but the monarchs of the day? I'm not so sure.

[Tyvar] Also there was a big problem with Arab raiders running around doing things like say sacking rome, invading sicily that kind of thing, but things were fairly calm, then the Seljuks started closing out the holy land to christan pilgrems and causing problems (note most of the arabs didnt like the Seljuks either)[/Tyvar]

Weren't those raiders Turks?

[Tyvar] Oh well, its all americas fault so they machinegun anybody thats white? riiight, you do realize that they wouldnt CARE if the person was not american? [/Tyvar]

In many cases they do. For example, in Latin America where things are horrible, if you have a Canadian flag or some how give off the impression you're a Jehovah's Witness they'll leave you alone.

[Tyvar] oh well, I say the US returns to pre 1900 isolationism, evidently all we do is mess things up, so might as well turn things over to those who know better right?[/Tyvar]

I don't know. Good can't proliferate without power to back it up. If the tax payer became knowledgable of power trends and made use of the democratic process, America could do a lot of good. I'm not joking.

[Bekenn]Agreed.[/Bekenn]

Agreement is good. [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/biggrin.gif[/img]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Faylorn (edited 10-25-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Faylorn (edited 10-25-2002).]