Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Vivendi Loses $26B; Most Ever in France

[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030306/ap_on_bi_ge/vivendi_25[/url]

If I'm not mistaken, Vivindi owns or in some other way has ties with Sierra.

Comments

• croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    They own, and are trying to sell Sierra and Blizzard
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    As far as Vivendi goes...

Excellent!!!

Fucking pricks...

As for Sierra et all... This sucks...

:(
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I am so happy they are going down.
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    GO DOWN LIKE A MAN WHORE ON HIS SkANK LADY!
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [quote] The company's 2002 earnings were weighed by a hefty charge of 18.4 billion euros ($20.2 billion) that reflected the sharp decline in the value of its media assets...
    [/quote]

What's French for Duh?
  • Yes, yay for anything bad for Vivendi. I've been really dissapointed in the results of the whole computer gaming industry being gobbled up by just a few companies. Shame it's not Hasbro though. They're the worst of them all.
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    Hmm....losses involving France. This is a change from normal events....how? ;)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]What's French for Duh? [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about french,but in polish I believe it's pronounced"Grenewetzki" ;)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Firestar [/i]
    [B]Yes, yay for anything bad for Vivendi. I've been really dissapointed in the results of the whole computer gaming industry being gobbled up by just a few companies. Shame it's not Hasbro though. They're the worst of them all. [/B][/QUOTE]

No, Vivendi are the worst. It's their fault we don't have B5:ITF.
  • True, but at least Sierra is still intact, which is more than can be said for poor Microprose.
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]No, Vivendi are the worst. It's their fault we don't have B5:ITF. [/B][/QUOTE]

And they also own USA Network, which in turn owns Scifi, which cancelled Farscape.
  • Ah, well, don't have a TV, so I tend to just look at the computer gaming ends of things.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Microprose got the better deal. They aren't reduced to producing games like Pro Bullrider, and instead can be remembered for the great games they did produce with an untarnished memory.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Vivendi can burn!