Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Ranger Ranks?

Anybody have a list of Ranger ranks or even knowledge that they have ranks at all?

Comments

• Sergei SSergei S Earthforce Officer
    In 'original' B5 I think there were only:

[b]Entil'zha[/b] (or The One) - Sinclair, Delenn, Sheridan
    [b]Anla'shok Na[/b] (or Ranger One, when there is no Entil'zha around) - Lenonn, Sech Turval, probably Ivanova
    [b]Anla'shok[/b] (ordinary Ranger) - Marcus, Lennier

On the White Stars there are also ship captains, like Montoya.

"Legend of the Rangers" adds this strange 'Ranger Counsil' thingie, and there are also captains on 'Liandra' and 'Valen'.
  • VladVlad Earthforce Officer
    I always thought "Ranger One" was the same thing as "Entil'zha". In WWE, Marcus said something about "the only way to get a straight answer from Ranger One..." when he was quite obviously referring to Sinclair.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    No, see, Ranger 1 and Entil'Zha are both the leaders of the Rangers, but while anyone can be Ranger 1, only Sinclair, Sheridan, and Delenn were Entil'zha. So while Entil'Zha is always Ranger 1, Ranger 1 isn't always Entil'Zha.
  • Spoilers for [I]To Dream in the City of Sorrows[/I]

Anla'shok translates to Ranger One, but no one including the Minbari really knew what Entil'zha stands for. They suspect it's a Vorlon derivative.

It's not clear if there's any practical difference between the two ranks. Sinclair had to go through quite an exhausting ritual to become Entil'zha, but that could be just a ceremonial thing.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Travelling back in time is a ceremonial thing? ;)
  • eamonmcaeamonmca Earthforce Officer
    No, travelling back in time is necessary only to become Valen.

To become Ranger One, the religious cast makes the selection, (of which the rangers approve - "I don't think they would accept any other choice"). Then there's a ceremony thingy, with changing robes in public, and saying some traditional words. I didnt see it all, I was busy watching Neroon beat up some poor guy... :D
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Neroon rules!
  • Re: Ranger Ranks?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Firestar [/i]
    [B]Anybody have a list of Ranger ranks or even knowledge that they have ranks at all? [/B][/QUOTE]

For those that are interested:

Shak'na is the Captain of a Minbari ship, Shak'nali is the 2nd in Command.

At the start of the Legend of the Rangers movie, these are the titles they use even though the crew is not totally Minbari. I suppose it is safe to assume these are universal Ranger ranks. I verified the spelling at:

[url]http://www.oinc.net/B5/Enc/[/url]

They also listed the positions in the Command Staff aboard a Ranger ship, if anyone is intersted. :)