Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Shadow Boxer's Retro Paintshop

15678911»

Comments

• CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    I'm not sure I ever got around to thanking you for mine, still have it, no fury to use it on though :(

Thanks a lot though, SB. I'm sure I'll find some place to put it :)
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    *punches in the fractal unlock code*

*listens to the air being sucked in.. and the stale mix of thinners and paint fumes wafts out*

*sniiiiiiffff*

Ahhhh....

good to be back...

with thanks to the [I]paying[/I] customer Shadow Dancer

A pleasure doing business with you.

Who's next ?
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Oooh, four year old thread necromancy! However, I find the end justify the means. I love the smell of the grave in the morning :D
  • sataicallistasataicallista High Priestess of Squeee!
    Paying what?
    40 Gbp
    shit that's a lot of money!
    You could also argue that they are individual works of art. Unfortunately, if you are going to survive as an artist, you have to have high prices, and people dont understand that.

[url]http://forums.firstones.com/showthread.php?t=10218&highlight=artist[/url]
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Indeed. Shadow Boxer's work is fantastic, too. As much as we may criticize him...well...everywhere, he does know his way around a canvas and has a very good sense of style. You get what you pay for, and his past work certainly shows just that. Though I'm sure there are other ways to bribe him that aren't based purely on money ;)
    Well, I'm wondering if $80 was paid for just the computer image we see above or if there was more to the package.
    Probably full usage rights to the image and its vector source.

Art is expensive. Making art takes time. Time ain't cheap, unless you're a roo-feastin' aussie ;)

I wouldn't dwell on the price. It's just a number. Consider it a donation to the man. His work many years ago helped give the parents' pharmaceutical company a good start with a beautiful logo.
    [QUOTE=Sanfam;164777]Consider it a donation to the man.[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything in the above post except this. Art [i]is[/i] expensive, and theres no reason for selling oneself cheap. Its not just the time spent on the artwork, its the software used, the computer, the studio, the electric bill, the education of the man, time spent making yourself a name, ads and taxes.

Everything adds up to lofty prices, but lets face it, unless youre willing to pay for all the above, you are not going to get unique stuff that a person has put their thoughts into.

[b]Consider it a well earned wage to an educated professional.[/b]
    thanks for all the respek :)

much appreciated
    Messiah, a valid correction. It hurts to stay up to date with all the skills and tools. In the modern design world, both are expensive in their own respective costs. And keeping up with one typically mandates refreshing the other, which just adds to the time and money investment. Payoff is nice, but getting there is a bitch. It's why I have never had a problem paying a [B]reasonable[/B] price for good art. When I see a painting that appeals to me with a three digit price tag, I hear some people complaining about how overpriced it seems. But they fail to consider the investment of time that went into creating it. (This isn't to say that you can't overprice art, but it has another realm that most people fail to consider)
    Yeah, and unfortunately, the only reason why Im so vehement about this is because I myself am in the same situation. The problem is that just a hundred years ago, man hours werent considered very valuable, it was the materials themselves you paid for. These days its the manhours youre paying the most amount of money for. In the creative department, its often around a 50/50 mix of those, and its further complicated by the cheap substitutes from poland, india or china for example, where artisans still only charge for the materials. You can still survive that way in those countries, but not in the western (or southeastern for SB) world..
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    I found these on a back up CD...

If you don't have them anymore then here ya go...

;)
    havent seen Croxis' one in a long time.. still got it somewhere, I hope.

if I've lost the vector art I'll be pissed..:)