Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

What society in B5 would you most want to live in?

OmegaPaladinOmegaPaladin Earthforce Officer
Assume you are yourself in the society. (i.e. if you are an engineer here, you will be an engineer there)

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Clarify "society". Do you mean things like down below?
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Indeed. Do you mean species, religious beliefs, where on B5 or what?
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I am...a Technomage.

Worf
  • I'm with Worf, Technomages are Kreig.

Or alternatively, make me career military in Earthforce with my own Omega class Destroyer, that would be cool.

Regards,
    morden
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Technomages are bitchin... the power you could have *cackles maniacally*
    I dont think Id rather be anything than what I am. Perhaps a Minbari Teep Freelancing in earth space?
  • I believe he means which race you would want to be a part of, in which case I would say I would want to be on Earth.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the_exile [/i]
    [B]I believe he means which race you would want to be a part of, in which case I would say I would want to be on Earth. [/B][/QUOTE]

Agreed. Of all the major planets in the B5 universe, Earth gets off [b]light[/b];

Narn: Bombarded from space with Mass-Drivers

Centauri Prime; Bombarded from space by Narn/Drazi fleet

Minbar: Several major cities heavily damaged through fighting during the civil war.

Z'Ha'Dum: Capital city nuked by Sheridan, blown up later on.

I rest my case.

Regards,
    Morden
  • The Cabl3 GuyThe Cabl3 Guy Elite Ranger
    Id be Centauri only cause I like the hair. Narns nah they have pouches thats not good. Minbari, NO ALCHOL cant have that. Drazi might be fun? Can't say id want to be any of the others.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Cabl3 Guy [/i]
    [B]Id be Centauri only cause I like the hair. Narns nah they have pouches thats not good. Minbari, NO ALCHOL cant have that. Drazi might be fun? Can't say id want to be any of the others. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, they are a "[i]proud[/i] race, a [b]strong[/b] race..." ;)

But you're forgetting that they have a tendancy to hide stuff in the certain "pouch" on their body. Ahem. :rolleyes:

Regards,
    Morden
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morden279 [/i]
    [B]Well, they are a "[i]proud[/i] race, a [b]strong[/b] race..." ;)

But you're forgetting that they have a tendancy to hide stuff in the certain "pouch" on their body. Ahem. :rolleyes:

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

only the male drazi....
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    I'd be a bitchin' downbelover! Yea! That'd I like. yes. Very. Indeed. I'd like to be Jack the Ripper. Yup. How long before they could catch me in Babylon 5? Not long. very long. Indeed. Off to sleep.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RubberEagle [/i]
    [B]only the male drazi.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Are you saying that The Cabl3 Guy would prefer to by a [i]female[/i] Drazi? ;)

Hey, DO female Drazi actually exist? :confused:

Regards,
    Morden
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morden279 [/i]
    [B]Are you saying that The Cabl3 Guy would prefer to by a [i]female[/i] Drazi? ;)

Hey, DO female Drazi actually exist? :confused:

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

I think they are kinda like dwarf females...
    Nah, Drazi are genderless.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by rhett [/i]
    [B]I think they are kinda like dwarf females... [/B][/QUOTE]

Quiet! That's a taboo subject! :eek:

Regards,
    Morden
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by rhett [/i]
    [B]I think they are kinda like dwarf females... [/B][/QUOTE]

That's the Pak’ma’ra. I’ve heard the Drazi are genderless, but I don’t think so. The Drazi ambassador certainly seemed rather insulted by Londo's accusations about his wife’s virtue in that Season 5 episode. Though how a Drazi and a Gaim would get it on, I have no idea. Perhaps they used similar, ah, devices as the human woman and the Pak’ma’ra in Eilerson’s ‘special’ video’s in Crusade. ;)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Imhotep [/i]
    [B]I would would have no desire to be a Shadow though. To much like an insect for me...[/B][/QUOTE]

Its just their encounter suit, I believe.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Messiah [/i]
    [B]Its just their encounter suit, I believe. [/B][/QUOTE]

Seriously? Bloody hell, what do the Shadows really look like, then? :eek: :shadow1:

I always thought that what you saw was what you got with them.

Regards,
    Morden
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Imhotep [/i]
    [B]The Vorlons wear the encounter suite. I never heard anything saying the Shadows did??? That is there natural form, remember the flash back to when the Icuarus landed we saw a Shadow then as well. Mantis like being... [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd have to go with Imhotep here, I've never doubted that what we've seen in B5 was their true form. The Vorlons only wear encounter suits because they'd be recognised as various deities through their manipulation of different races over the millennia. (The shadows have no such cause to wear encounter suits.)

Regards,
    Morden
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Another vote for true form here.
    Hmmm, I dont remember where I read it. Perhaps in 'the shadow within'. Ill have a read through it tomorrow, when I get home.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Messiah [/i]
    [B]Hmmm, I dont remember where I read it. Perhaps in 'the shadow within'. Ill have a read through it tomorrow, when I get home. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks Messiah, it'd be good to clear away any doubt either way.

Regards,
    Morden
  • The Cabl3 GuyThe Cabl3 Guy Elite Ranger
    Your telling me that the mantis like creature the shadow is needs an encounter suit? Well damn it must be pretty butt ugly then i thought the cloak was close enough to an encounter suit though.
  • They are energy beings, like all other firstones.

Unlike the vorlons however, they appear able to become a physical being at will, and thus:

Its their form before they became formless energy beings. :)

my vote:

Shadow Ship/Vorlon ship. Preferably Shadow because I'd get to see ALOT of stuff blowing up!
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Id rather be a vorlon, or a vorlon ship because they seem to be much stronger all round. It took 2 centauri guards with pulse rifles to kill a shadow, whereas it took lots of guards to kill the vorlon. The vorlon ships are also tougher and harder to kill than the shadow ships.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowDancer [/i]
    [B]Id rather be a vorlon, or a vorlon ship because they seem to be much stronger all round. It took 2 centauri guards with pulse rifles to kill a shadow, whereas it took lots of guards to kill the vorlon. The vorlon ships are also tougher and harder to kill than the shadow ships. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, but can Vorlon ships [i]carve[/i] Narn Heavy Cruisers in half? The battle at Gorash 7 in TLTS is unbeatable is displaying how awesome Shadows vessels can be in combat.

Regards,
    Morden
  • whitestar90whitestar90 Elite Ranger
    I would be a Walker,who can traverse dimensions as easily as walking from one room to another.:D
    The technomage trilogy also points to the fact that shadows can leave their encounter type suits through those 14 points of lights you see.It goes into some detail on how they managed to kill Kosh.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I'd have assumed they used their [b]Mighty Shadow Dance of Doom[/b] and trampled him to death. Seems logical enough, at least when you have as many legs as they do.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by whitestar90 [/i]
    [B]The technomage trilogy also points to the fact that shadows can leave their encounter type suits through those 14 points of lights you see.It goes into some detail on how they managed to kill Kosh. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, but those are canon, arn't they?

Regards,
    Morden