Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Enterprise 1st ep 3rd season...SPOILERS

Hey all

Just caught the end of the episode. Not bad. Seems that Archer is growing some stones. CGI was pretty good and the music was not bad. The MECOs are carrying weapons like the Hazard Team in Elite Force and they kick some alien ass.

EDIT- I forgot about the Xindi round table scenes, I was almost looking for the Death Star plans to be displayed on a panel somewhere, ripped almost from Attack of the Clones.....lol

And they made the theme song sound even worse than it was before. I liked it a little before but it just doesn't sound right.

It seems that BnB are not writing the next 6 episodes, so who knows what direction their headed.

Any other comments?

Comments

• THIS EP WAS THE BEST:D

The CGI KICKED ASS, Some of it looks SFB/SFC Based.
  • there was a mix up with my local cable (they changed UPN's chanel.. for one night.. WTF? anyways) so i didn't catch the new intro or first 10 min... what was it? you don't happen to have an .mpeg of it so i could see eh?

from what i saw it looks a little more... i dunno, let's go bust balls type.... whether or not that's a good think i guess we'll see.... The cgi was spot on tho, better than last season, more clear and realistic
  • No .mpeg, sorry...

The theme is the same song, but the accompanyment is different. Slightly faster, sounds like a Top 40 song. The theme video is exactly the same. I liked the original version better.
  • ok that sounds..... bleh
  • The old intro music was growing on me - but I think they've taken it to far this time. Next thing you know there will be pop music during the show with a 'buy our CD' add at the end like so many of those damn WB teenage angst shows... Arg!!!

Aside from that - I'm loving the show. So long as this season doesn't take to much of a "voyager/*******" feel to it I think thing are going to turn out great.

The overt softcore stuff is getting old fast - but I guess that's to keep the trekie fetish types all happy. :laugh: Everybody has something they don't talk about often --- :D

I agree the FX looked good - the writting was okay - we'll see how the future eps go. The acting is getting better and better - though Trips "woe is me" to "lets kill them all" stuff is... ....

On my tv schedule they had no Enterprise listed - instead Ellen 'Degenerate!' - I checked anyway hoping it was just a cruel joke - Enterprise was on thank god.
  • don't dis ellen she's one of the funniest commedians i've ever seen. not to mention a pioneer.
  • mambo_mordenmambo_morden Earthforce Officer
    It was a great episode... what I needed to keep me watching (wasn't digging some of the season 2 ones)...
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mambo_morden [/i]
    [B]It was a great episode... what I needed to keep me watching (wasn't digging some of the season 2 ones)... [/B][/QUOTE]

Hmm i haven't listened to the theme since the first season, Tivo is great, i just wait until 5 minutes into the show before i start watching, then fast forward through the theme.

I really enjoy enterprise, But i swear, every episode i find a dozen things that i say to myself "Hmm that is right out of B5"

It even looks like this season is going to turn into a full season story arc (god i hope so)

I'm holding out hope that this season is goin to be good, BUT, the problem is, TOO MUCH TREK, IF B5 came back on TV now, fans would go Gaga, because its been years since a B5 tv series. But when one Trek Series ends, another is set to begin,

Look how hungry fans were for Trek when TNG came on in '87 it had been DECADES since the last trek TV series.

If BnB know whats good for them, when enterprise ends, they will put the trek franchise to bed for a number of years say 5-10) THEN come up with a kick ass show.

I've been a Trek fan since the 70's, i grew up on TOS, I HATED TNG for the first season, But after that, it grew on me, DS9 was great until i discovered B5 and realised how much of DS9 was stolen (it was still a fun show to watch) But after DS9, there was just too much trek, Voyager could have been a good show, but they used up all the good ideas that they seemed to ahave on the past trek series, Enterprise is good, But they Screw with Cannon too much.

Its time for trek to go away for a decade. (imho)
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    they really screwed up the theme.. i got used to the old music and even kinda liked it, but now with the added beats and stuff... (and what's worse, the music goes in the other direction than the story... i'm pretty sure it's supposed to sound exciting and fun, but the story is going more in the dramatic direction).

for the "right out of B5" stuff.. i'm pretty sure you can say that too with stuff in b5 episodes beeing "right out of Star Trek"(the original series and maybe TNG).

The Problem of Star Trek is imho not that there are so much series out there, but that they need fresh blood, and that they aren't bold enough with new concepts (maybe that's due to network policies).
  • It was a good ep...

but BRING BACK THE OLD THEME MUSIC...

gah...disliked the new theme immensly...loved the old one....
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    maybe we should all invade the startrek.com boards and tell them to switch back to the old theme ;)
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [QUOTE][i]
    for the "right out of B5" stuff.. i'm pretty sure you can say that too with stuff in b5 episodes beeing "right out of Star Trek"(the original series and maybe TNG).
    [/B][/QUOTE]

Of course you can. But thats not quite what i ment i mean there are some ideas that seem to be directly taken from B5. not that B5 didn't do the same from other works (maybe...lord of the rings for example)