Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Help American Troops Help Iraqis

With the major fighting in Iraq over, the company is currently conducting Civil-Military Operations south of Mosul, and would appreciate any help in the form of soccer and volleyball equipment for distribution to the locals.
[url]http://www.kaleo.org/vnews/display.v/ART/2003/09/12/3f616cecf407f[/url]

Comments

• BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Bad URL.
  • PLEASE DONT GET MY STARTED ON THE IRAQ THING.

Must.... not.....

The topic should be help american troops help iraqi oil........ err I mean.....
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    :rolleyes:
  • WHYWHY Elite Ranger
    Simmonds, you failed the thread.
  • I fail everthing

so STFU
  • like simmonds, PLEASE DON"T GET ME STARTED ON IRAQ.... i don't want to write another tirade or posts about or less than wonderful president and his so called initatives of "freedom" in iraq... if we wanna help our troops we'll pull them back and send them home.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Before anything gets going, here's my stance.

I'm very, very anti-war.

But you know what? My beliefs didn't stop the troops from being sent out there, or from supporting them while they remain there.

They're following orders, pure and simple. They might be poorly conceived orders, but the troops are simply doing as they are tranied to do.

Given that, please fix the URL. I'll see what I can do when it's there.

Also, please stop the yelling before it turns into flames. No need to preach your status.
  • Fixed!

"Support or not," Capt. Luck said, "I think that you just have to see the people we help to know that we did the right thing coming here."
    [url]http://www.kaleo.org/vnews/display.v/ART/2003/09/12/3f616cecf407f[/url]
  • Can I preach my anti-giving-a-crap stance? Hard to flame someone as apathetic as me. :D
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    once I get my clone army and take over the world, I just shoot all those who oppose me.
  • I could have stopped it but I would have needed a 5000 dollar gun & 10 round clip. (Exhile knows what I mean) & possible life in prison & ticket to eternal damnation.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Well... American troops just shot 10 policemen in Iraq. Combine that with the killing of 2 fishermen by Danish forces and countless other civilians killed in the bombings during the 'inbetween war' years.

I dont like it. The sooner Americans, English and Danish troops get out of there and instead let the UN decide what should be done, the better.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LogicSequence [/i]
    [B]like simmonds, PLEASE DON"T GET ME STARTED ON IRAQ.... i don't want to write another tirade or posts about or less than wonderful president and his so called initatives of "freedom" in iraq... [/B][/QUOTE]

Um, then don't...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a thread concerning a voluntary charitable donation of sports equipment to the Iraqi public, not a mouthpeace for socio-political dogma.

Unless you have a ball to spare, don't try and provoke yourself into turning this into another anti-war thread.

Messiah, the US troops in question were FIRED UPON FIRST by the Iraqi policemen in question during a car chase. Just because the Yanks are apologising for the misunderstanding, doesn't mean it was their fault.
    The policemen in question must have been pretty dense to mistake American GIs for common criminals.

Regards,
    Morden
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Messiah [/i]
    [B]Well... American troops just shot 10 policemen in Iraq. Combine that with the killing of 2 fishermen by Danish forces and countless other civilians killed in the bombings during the 'inbetween war' years.

I dont like it. The sooner Americans, English and Danish troops get out of there and instead let the UN decide what should be done, the better. [/B][/QUOTE]

dont foget about the austrialians

Is'nt denmark supose to have a none trigger happy army, like canada?

The US armed forces are nothing but a pile of Trigger happy red necks.
    *EDIT*

And what sickens me the most, is that they get away with it.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Captain,Simmonds [/i]
    [B]The US armed forces are nothing but a pile of Trigger happy red necks.[/B][/QUOTE]

Oh dear...

Regards,
    Morden
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [QUOTE]The US armed forces are nothing but a pile of Trigger happy red necks.[/QUOTE]

True, they seem rather gung-ho at times but consider their situation what with all these attacks on coalition forces. I think anyone would be rather jittery and inclined to shoot first and ask questions later.
  • WHYWHY Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WHY [/i]
    [B]Simmonds, you failed the thread. [/B][/QUOTE]
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowDancer [/i]
    [B]True, they seem rather gung-ho at times but consider their situation what with all these attacks on coalition forces. I think anyone would be rather jittery and inclined to shoot first and ask questions later. [/B][/QUOTE]

I may not think too highly of the average American grunt compared to our own troops, but I've got nothing but admiration and respect for organizations such as SFOD-D, or Delta Force as we better know them.

Describing the US Armed Forces as "trigger happy rednecks" is an astounding generalization.

Regards,
    Morden
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [QUOTE]I may not think too highly of the average American grunt compared to our own troops, but I've got nothing but admiration and respect for organizations such as SFOD-D, or Delta Force as we better know them. [/QUOTE]

I respect them, but they aint nothing compared to the SAS and SBS. Now those are proffesionals!
    [B]I respect them, but they aint nothing compared to the SAS and SBS. Now those are proffesionals! [/B][/QUOTE]

Of course, no-one tops the SAS. ;)

Regards,
    Morden
    SAS vs Delta Force, I would pay to watch that! Forgone conclusion, but still........
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    What if Bush empire had supersoldier serum?

Would Captain America do as told, or make a stand for USA, and maybe disagree with Bushy.

Or would he follow orders like a robot. Gee-whizzer batman! I read too much friggin' comics.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Captain,Simmonds [/i]
    [B]dont foget about the austrialians

Is'nt denmark supose to have a none trigger happy army, like canada?

The US armed forces are nothing but a pile of Trigger happy red necks.
    *EDIT*

And what sickens me the most, is that they get away with it. [/B][/QUOTE]

Simmonds, you are an ass, you know that?
    somebody jack his posts again.
    [B]SAS vs Delta Force, I would pay to watch that! Forgone conclusion, but still........ [/B][/QUOTE]

Put it this way; The SAS [i]trained[/i] Delta Force when they were formed back in 1979. ;)

On a serious note; Simmonds, please refrain from making comments like that again, you're obviously going to get a negative reaction.

Regards,
    Morden
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morden279 [/i]
    [B]I may not think too highly of the average American grunt compared to our own troops, but I've got nothing but admiration and respect for organizations such as SFOD-D, or Delta Force as we better know them.

Describing the US Armed Forces as "trigger happy rednecks" is an astounding generalization.

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

:P damn snobby brit ;)

seriously I think people here need to hang out at comunities like Tank-net.org more so they can see some of those "trigger happy rednecks" have discussions, which seem amazingly rational and well thought out, more so then most of Simmonds posts.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tyvar [/i]
    [B]:P damn snobby brit ;)

seriously I think people here need to hang out at comunities like Tank-net.org more so they can see some of those "trigger happy rednecks" have discussions, which seem amazingly rational and well thought out, more so then most of Simmonds posts. [/B][/QUOTE]

Just the truth, old boy... ;)

Hey, I don't for a minute make generalizations about the US military, it's just unfortionate that people have this perception of them being "jar-heads". Personally, I'd only talk from experience, and I agree with you. I've chatted with a former US Army Ranger over the internet, and he was a pretty well-informed guy.

Regards,
    Morden
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morden279 [/i]
    [B]Of course, no-one tops the SAS. ;)

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

Maybe JTF2......

[quote]Simmonds, you are an ass, you know that?
    somebody jack his posts again.[/quote]

Tell me somthing new OKEY..,... Come on Tell me somthing that I dont know about my self, okey????????

Also some one who is related to me, she is also one of those trigger happy red necks.

*edit*
    I dont think I will be losing posts over my own opinions....... Now spaming on the other hand, I will. so STFU.
  • Um....

Just so it's clear, the address should look like this:

CPT Aaron Luck
    B/2-327 IN
    Unit 96024
    APO AE 09325-6024

With that cleared up, can someone explian what exactly Captain,Simmonds is rambling about?
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Captain,Simmonds [/i]
    [B]Maybe JTF2......

Also some one who is related to me, she is also one of those trigger happy red necks.

*edit*
    I dont think I will be losing posts over my own opinions....... Now spaming on the other hand, I will. so STFU. [/B][/QUOTE]

Um, maybe I didn't make myself clear...

[b]No-one tops the SAS.[/b]

Also Simmonds, the fact you know one [i]individual[/i] "trigger-happy redneck" doesn't qualify you to make an assumption about the rest of the US military.

Unfortionately, you can loose posts if your opinions start offending people.

Regards,
    Morden
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morden279 [/i]
    [B]Um, maybe I didn't make myself clear...

[b]No-one tops the SAS.[/b]

Also Simmonds, the fact you know one [i]individual[/i] "trigger-happy redneck" doesn't qualify you to make an assumption about the rest of the US military.

Unfortionately, you can loose posts if your opinions start offending people.

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

I dont care