Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

The threat below...

Comments

• WTF.
  • And so begins yet another senseless Zocalo thread...
  • Wheninthehell did this thread get moved?!?:eek: :eek:
  • It has always been here.

*Pulls out USP, kills thread*

It was a robot in disguise, too...

:robot:
  • shure it was.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Yes.
  • Tango in Sector 7! Alpha Bravo, engage. Charlie Delta, flank!
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the_exile [/i]
    [B]Tango in Sector 7! Alpha Bravo, engage. Charlie Delta, flank! [/B][/QUOTE]

Time on target!

Time on target, aye!

Regards,
    Morden
  • Breaching charge!

Breaching charge, roger!

Charge planted!

Charge planted!

Door is down! Door is down!

Move in, move in!

Tangoes at 6 and 9 o' clock!

Tango down!

Tango down!

Clear!

Clear!

Clear!

Room clear, move on!

(I learned that from Rainbow Six :D)
    [B](I learned that from Rainbow Six :D) [/B][/QUOTE]

Reading R6 at the moment, a mate lent it to me. Fantastic book. :cool:

Regards,
    Morden
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morden279 [/i]
    [B]Reading R6 at the moment, a mate lent it to me. Fantastic book. :cool:

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

That it is. I've had it for about a month, because I keep buying all these SciFi books (I go through scifi literature like a tornado through a trailer park), and putting down R6 to read something else. Ender's Game (FANTASTIC book) and it's sequels, Dune and it's sequels/prequels, assorted Asimov books, etc, etc, etc, etc. Someday I [I]will[/I] finish R6...
  • Read any Arthur C. Clarke? If you want an epic science fiction story, read the "Rama" saga.

Oh yeah, you read any Terry Pratchett?

Regards,
    Morden
    When you say threat from below, are you referring to my underpants, or the denizens in it?
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Messiah [/i]
    [B]When you say threat from below, are you referring to my underpants, or the denizens in it? [/B][/QUOTE]

I think it's just Warleader that has problems with creatures living in his underpants. Remember when he had to put down that rebellion by them last year when they complained of poor living conditions?

I told Warleader to be more careful from now on, for the south shall rise again...

Regards,
    Morden
    Underpants gnomes unite!
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Messiah [/i]
    [B]Underpants gnomes unite! [/B][/QUOTE]

LOL! Now that's CLASSIC South Park! :D

Regards,
    Morden
    [B]Read any Arthur C. Clarke? If you want an epic science fiction story, read the "Rama" saga.

Oh yeah, you read any Terry Pratchett?

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

Rama is, like Ender's Game, a series my friend has been bugging me to read forever. With Ender's Game, I would always read a chapter or two, then never finish it. Just read it Saturday... f*cking brilliant. Solved a little problem I was having with developing my own, current story, as well. :D

As for Pratchett, what genre does he write in? I read scifi almost exclusively, although my roots are in fantasy. I started reading Brian Jacques' [I]Redwall[/I] series as a kid, which got me interested in scifi, and the rest, as they say far too often, is history. Rainbow Six is the exception, because Tom Clancy's a damned good author too. I know virtually nothing about the military, besides what every damn nub on Earth knows, and I've learned a lot from him.
    [B]As for Pratchett, what genre does he write in? I read scifi almost exclusively, although my roots are in fantasy. I started reading Brian Jacques' [I]Redwall[/I] series as a kid, which got me interested in scifi, and the rest, as they say far too often, is history. [/B][/QUOTE]

Pratchett writes fantasy, but with a sharp satirical edge. A lot of his novels are very witty parodies of well-known stories and have some great observations. A few of his books (in the Discworld series that is...) revolve around technology from our universe being accidentally introduced into the medieval/renaissance Discworld universe such as rock music, cinema, and the gun which are fantastic.

As a good introduction to Pratchett's Discworld, read "The Night Watch". :)

LOL! I still have all my Brian Jacques Redwall books on my top shelf in my room! :D I switched to Discworld when I was 13, and I've never looked back.

Regards,
    Morden
    [B]Pratchett writes fantasy, but with a sharp satirical edge. A lot of his novels are very witty parodies of well-known stories and have some great observations. A few of his books (in the Discworld series that is...) revolve around technology from our universe being accidentally introduced into the medieval/renaissance Discworld universe such as rock music, cinema, and the gun which are fantastic.

As a good introduction to Pratchett's Discworld, read "The Night Watch". :)

LOL! I still have all my Brian Jacques Redwall books on my top shelf in my room! :D I switched to Discworld when I was 13, and I've never looked back.

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

I still have a few I have yet to read. They're not exactly as interesting as most things I've read, but there are things about his writing style I try to emulate. Most recently, I've read Snow Crash, and Hyperion, both by authors whose names I forget. The latter is a hard scifi novel with a Hugo, and the other is a damned good cyberpunk novel. Also, if you haven't read it, Ender's Game and it's sequels. The original won both the Hugo and the Nebula.
  • PhiPhi <font color=#FF0000>C</font><font color=#FF9900>o</font><font color=#FFFF00>l</font><font color=#00F
    Wow...a lucid conversation in the Warleader Forum. Off Topic!!! :p

Ender's Game is at the top of my good book list, and I liked the sequals and parallel novels too, especially Speaker for the Dead. I guess it's the way he writes characters as 5 times smarter than most authors' characters, keeps you thinking more than when reading most books.

Pratchett I pull out when I need a good cheer me up feel good book to read, it's like comfort food :D Though I have found it doesn't much matter which one you pick...they all have a similar format, just with different topics.

And Brian Jaques...I loved the Redwall series! It was what got me over my fear of large books, something about the way they look like they could knock you out...you never can tell...

and to somewhat get back on target...

NOO!!! The BOOKS are coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Phi [/i]
    [B]Wow...a lucid conversation in the Warleader Forum. Off Topic!!! :p

Ender's Game is at the top of my good book list, and I liked the sequals and parallel novels too, especially Speaker for the Dead. I guess it's the way he writes characters as 5 times smarter than most authors' characters, keeps you thinking more than when reading most books.

Pratchett I pull out when I need a good cheer me up feel good book to read, it's like comfort food :D Though I have found it doesn't much matter which one you pick...they all have a similar format, just with different topics.

And Brian Jaques...I loved the Redwall series! It was what got me over my fear of large books, something about the way they look like they could knock you out...you never can tell...

and to somewhat get back on target...

NOO!!! The BOOKS are coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Bah, I hate "feel-good" books. I hate books with happy heroes. I liked Ender's Game because Ender's character was perfect. He was something of a reluctant hero, who didn't even realize he was a hero. He couldn't dodge bullets, and the enemy could aim pretty damn well. My own writing's a lot like that... the hero should rely a lot on his brain. (Sequels will be ordered tomorrow, hopefully :p)
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Books are flying by, with pink elefants on them!
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by C_Mon [/i]
    [B]Books are flying by, with pink elefants on them! [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh hush, you spammer.
    Me spammer noooo, you're thinking of the_exile.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by C_Mon [/i]
    [B]Me spammer noooo, you're thinking of the_exile. [/B][/QUOTE]

...Only one post was still active here before you. :rolleyes:
    Yes, still you got you're name spryed all over the place, so I had to do something about it.
  • About time, really.

Regards,
    Morden
    Yeeesss...
  • Nnnoooooo

Nasty little Firstoneses... we will kill them! They stoles its from us! We wants it! We needs it! The precioussss will be ourses...
    Who's the precioussss? Morden?