Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Mystery Science Theatre 3000

Couple of months back I was looking at the TV listings and I noticed a film called "Mystery Science Theatre 3000: The Movie" on that night. Intrigued by its description of a man and his two robot companions being made to watch B-Movies by a mad scientist, I stayed up to watch it.

Bloody hell, it was one of the FUNNIEST things I've ever seen! :D

The bit at the beginning where Crow tries to dig through the hull speaking with a British accent and wearing a steel helmet was hilarious, as well the the commentary throughout;

*Injured Alien mutant staggers towards stasis tube contaning screaming woman*

Tom Servo: "Come on lady, I only want to use the can!"

After a bit of web-searching I found out that the TV series of "MST3k" has a cult following, mostly restricted to the US. Since becoming a frequent user of Kazaa, I've dowloaded a couple of shorts which are also great. (Downloding the movie is a bugger, though...)

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you guys were fans of the show. :)

Regards,
Morden

Comments

• samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    I started watching the show in 1990. Been a fan ever since.

If you want to see other episodes, check out [url=http://www.dapcentral.org]DAP Central[/url]. MST3K is part of their Digital Archive Project, and is approved by the creators of MST3K.

Read through the FAQ to learn how to download episodes using eDonkey.

The DAP server only shows episodes that have not been released on DVD/VHS, so some are missing. But there are some episodes that may never be released commercially, because the rights to the original films have lapsed. DAP Central is your best bet to see some of the real gems.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    I watched some when I still had the sci-fi channel a couple of years ago. They were preyy good :)
  • MST3k was the BEST...I loved that series....
  • Cheers Sam, I've registered to DAP central. Do they have MST3K The Movie by any chance, or not because of the film rights you mentioned?

Regards,
    Morden
  • Best. Show. Ever. A fellow B5 fan who doesn't come around much anymore, but used to frequent SF's BBoards, got me into the show. Every time we chat, he brings up at least one relevant quote from the show. 73# funn3h, as we say in CS. :D
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morden279 [/i]
    [B]Cheers Sam, I've registered to DAP central. Do they have MST3K The Movie by any chance, or not because of the film rights you mentioned?

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

They don't have MST3K:The Movie, because Gramercy Pictures owns the rights to the film, and it was already released on DVD (I think Universal owns Gramercy). The DVD is out of print now, but you can still find it in some places.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by samuelk [/i]
    [B]They don't have MST3K:The Movie, because Gramercy Pictures owns the rights to the film, and it was already released on DVD (I think Universal owns Gramercy). The DVD is out of print now, but you can still find it in some places. [/B][/QUOTE]

Last time I saw the movie on DVD was on ebay, selling for $85. ;)

I'm currently bidding for a copy on VHS, and dowloadint it at the same time. (I REALLY want see the entire thing again!)

Regards,
    Morden
  • I own the VHS, and someone is always borrowing it. Hilarious. :D
  • i didnt think the movie was as funny as some of the shows. Truly an excellent series. DAP only allows for distribution of the tapes not available commercially, keeping with the principle of "keep circulating the tapes!" man.. those movies rock.
  • Bah! I've had to let the tape go, I'm not paying $30 for it, when I've nearly downloaded the thing [i]without[/i] Dutch subtitles. ;)

Regards,
    Morden