Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Wolf Shipyards

Only just came across this FANTASTIC website devoted to creating images of every official and canon warship in the B5 universe, with a ton of brilliant fan designs as well.

All of the images look like they were done in MS Paint, which makes it easy to copy-and-edit them to create your own B5 warships. (I did three last night.) ;)

Anyway, here's the Earthforce Section, which is by far the most extensive. Take an hour out to just trawl through all the designs here, It's well worth the eye-candy! :)

[url]http://www.wolfsshipyard.mystarship.com/earth.html[/url]

Regards,
Morden

Comments

• MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Wasnt he a part of the community not long ago?

At least at the Gaming Union. He has some real cool concepts of advanced EA ship that they have used in the mods there.
  • I think I recognised the guy's name, yeah.

Here are my own designs plus the conceptual background for one of them;

[b]Imperial Class Battlecruiser[/b]

Intended as one of the direct replacements for the Omega class Destroyer, the Imperial was designed with many technological features incorporated into the Warlock class Destroyer.

The rotating section has been replaced with an angular hull section designed designed using Warlock scematics and components. This improvement on the Omega allows not only a greater field of fire, but an improved weapons capacity, as well as an artificial gravity enviroment for the crew. This section of the Imperial also incorporates the Warlock's large missile launch silos, eliminating the Omega's past weakness in conducting planitary assualts.

The Imperial's drive unit has also been replaced with a hybrid Ion-Gravimetric drive system, which not only generates the ship's artificial gravity, but also vastly improves the ship's power capacity.

In terms of weapons, the Imperial was intended the compensate for the Omega's failings when it came to its port and starboard weapons systems. Engagements during the Earth civil war especially with the Whitestar fleet showed that while the Omega's medium pulse-cannons were more than adequate with dealing with fighter attacks, they were somewhat lacking in thier capabilties against heavier warships, and smaller more agile monitor-class vessels.
    In a rather cynical move by its designers, the Imperial was Designed with 8 hull mounted dual-purpose heavy Pulse/Particle beam cannons along with an advanced tracking system intended to deal with heavier warships, but especially Whitestars. The Imperial's Warlock-based fusion reactor enables the ship to maintain sustained particle beam volleys at any target, tearing most warships to shreds in moments.
    Secondary weapons systems include 6 dual-barrelled intermidate medium-heavy pulse cannon turrets mounted on the central hull, as well as light-medium pulse cannon turrets for anti-fighter work.

Lastly, it was always considered a faux-pas by Earthforce R+D that the Omega had greater firepower to it's rear than on it's
    forward cowel section. To remedy this, a further two dual-purpose heavy Pulse/Particle beam cannons were added, making two on each side of the cowel to balance things out.

There are currently 12 Imperial class Battlecruisers in service with the Earth Alliance fleet, 7 of which participated in the Battle for Earth, most notably the EAS Rorke's Drift, the EAS Trafalgar, the EAS Hood, and the EAS Waterloo.

That's the background as I've done it so far. Hey! Why don't you guys design you own ships and post them here? :)

Regards,
    Morden
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    nice! and all ur using is paint? as in accessories > paint?
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowDancer [/i]
    [B]nice! and all ur using is paint? as in accessories > paint? [/B][/QUOTE]

Yep. I'm a bit of a dab-hand with the old MS-Paint. ;)

Here's another one of my designs, much simpler this time, the Mons class Destroyer.

[b]Mons Class Destroyer[/b]

Like the Omega-X, the Mons class Destroyer was a crash-programme instigated by Earthforce R+D through pressure by president Clark to create a warship that could adequately deal with Sheridan's Whitestar fleet.

Because of the resouces and time constraints in building an Omega-X advanced destroyer, Earthforce R+D focused on designing a far simpler ship which would be able counter the Whitestar's speed and sheer agility. After the liberation of Proxima III, it was realized that part of the problem with putting destroyers up against whitestars was that their Minbari stealth jammers prevented successful target locks being maintained for much of the time. As a result few hits were ever scored by vessels that were meant to face either captial ships of comparable size or attacking fighter craft.

The final ethos to shooting down a Whitestar thusly became to fill the sky with as much fire as possible. the modern day equivalent of a large battery of anti-aircraft weaponry.

The old Nova class Dreadnought, ironically a vastly unsuitable anti-Whitestar battleship with its large cumbersome weaponry was selected as the refit body for the new "Mons" class destroyer. The Mons class was so named in tribute to the actions of the British Expeditionary force at the battle of Mons in 1914, where each individual soldier was capable of firing 15 aimed rounds per minute with his bolt-action rifle, resulting in a massive fusillade of fire. Thusly, this was a fitting name for a class of arship devoted to delivering a massive barrage of weapons fire to the enemy.

The Novas' 18 turret-mounted heavy plasma cannons were replaced with [b]24[/b] turret mounted medium pulse cannons, as well as two forward-facing dual-purpose heavy Pulse/Particle beam cannons on the ship's cowel. Despite the number of pulse cannons mounted on the Mons, the energy requirements of the Mons' weapons systems was well within its power plant's capacity, which was further upgraded and and expanded owing to the increased room offered by the removal of the old plasma cannons' energy capacitors and coolant systems.

It was predicted that not even a Whitestar could evade such a devastating voume of fire, but the 8 Mons class vessels that were produced never got to proove their worth. After joining the Earth fleet around Mars as the civil war drew to a close, all the mons class Destroyers were disabled by telepaths smuggled into thier cargo bays like the ship around them.
    After the war, the Mons class Destroyers were put into storage until 2263 when the threat posed by the Drakh became of major concern to Earth and the Interstellar Alliance. After observing Drakh battle doctrine and thier reliance on large fighter craft, Earthforce decided that the Mons class, would be just as effective against fighting large groups of Drakh heavy fighters than against Whitestars, if not morso.

This was finally proven at the Battle for Earth where 3 Mons class Destroyers, the EAS Mons, the EAS Lee-Enfield, and the EAS Smith-Dorrien were able to join the Alliance fleet to meet the Drakh assault. All 3 ships provided invaluable point defense on the fleet's left flank as the Victory and the Excalibur advanced into the very heart of the Shadow death-cloud. The Mons class battlegroup checked no less than 7 Drakh counter-attacks on the Alliance fleet, the EAS Mons itself firing until her reactor threatended to overheat. Despite the EAS Mons having to retire later on in the battle, the Smith Dorrien and the Lee-Enfield held thier positions until the fleet withdrew as the Death Cloud self-destructed.

All 8 Mons class vessels are currently in service with Earthforce, 6 being assigned to Destroyer Battlegroups on patrol around Alliance territory, and two remaining in rotary station in the Sol system as a pecaution against any pirate-style raids by the Drakh.

Come on, have a go yourself! :)

Regards,
    Morden
  • Here's my latest; The Nova X-Class Dreadnought.

Apart from Earthforce Black-Ops, the only description I have of the Nova-X is; MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Regards,
    Morden
  • Not bad... I've tried my hand at virtually everything from ASCII to Photoshop, but I've found I'm still best at Paint, for some strange reason. I love creating things, though I'm terrible about ever finding a single use for them, so I'll be sure to add a few of my own... :)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the_exile [/i]
    [B]Not bad... I've tried my hand at virtually everything from ASCII to Photoshop, but I've found I'm still best at Paint, for some strange reason. I love creating things, though I'm terrible about ever finding a single use for them, so I'll be sure to add a few of my own... :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Cool exile, go for it! :)

(Not many people go on the B5 forums anymore, it'd be good to have a regular thread or two.)

Regards,
    Morden
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morden279 [/i]
    [B]Cool exile, go for it! :)

(Not many people go on the B5 forums anymore, it'd be good to have a regular thread or two.)

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

Working on one as we speak, but doing HW at the same time. I just saw your name as the most recent poster, and clicked on the link because I was bored; not a regular poster here, unfortunately. When I get my B5 DVDs, however... ;)
  • Well I've got a cool Hyperion variant to post tonight, so that should set you up niceky. Look forward to seeing your design. :cool:

Regards,
    Morden
  • [URL=http://www.geocities.com/sckopzl/Ship1.html]Linky Linky[/URL]

It's late and I have HW, so no background info, but here's my first. It's not too original (basic back end with a few minor changes, modified front end from a custom design on Wolf's), and the only differences you'll probably notice are the front bottom cannons, kinda tucked into the metal doohickey, and the antennae, which I think just look cool. Maybe some info on it tomorrow... ;)
  • OK, so I lied about doing HW. Instead of doing that garbage, I made a few simple modifications; I present to you, the [URL=http://www.geocities.com/sckopzl//ship1evil.html]EVIL VERSION[/URL]!!

:D
  • Great stuff exile, the shadow variant looks kreig! :D

I'll try and post one of mine later on as well.

Regards,
    Morden
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morden279 [/i]
    [B]Great stuff exile, the shadow variant looks kreig! :D

I'll try and post one of mine later on as well.

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

I dunno... I think it could use some more spines. :D
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the_exile [/i]
    [B]I dunno... I think it could use some more spines. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

You can never have too many spines. Kreigsmal. :cool:

Anyway, here's a design for a battlecruiser-class Hyperion, comissioned directly after the Minbari war to act as a stand-in replacement for the Nova Dreadnoughts lost in the war. These were slowly phased out as Earth started to rebuild its fleet with the Omega class Destroyer, but you can still see a few around.

Regards,
    Morden