Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Got run off the road today

I gotta rant....

Well on my way home today I was cruisin along and there is a windy set of corners I have to go through. I do my usual thing and slow down and about half way though the 6 turns a school bus comes barreling around one of the blind corners. They had to be going 45 and the posted speed for the corner was 30. The bus started to lean and then began to go into my lane just as I am entering the turn. So I evade and start skidding. I damn near saved it but the right rear tire caught the ditch and brought the front end into the ditch. Now in this ditch is a lot of branches and crap from the recent hurricane. I haven't noticed any structural damage(suspension, etc). Now the right side of my car is all marked up. Deep and surface scratches, a few dents. Actually the hell with that I'm damn lucky to be alive. If I held my line that bus would have gone right up my hood into my windshield. And to top that off the bus driver and the guy behind me never even stopped to see if I was ok. I couldn't catch the bus number or the school district because it happened to fast. I called 911 to reporrt the driver and they transfered my to the school. I reported to them everything that happened and hopefully they are gonna cover all damages.

Comments

• JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Don't feel alone dude...

The school bus drivers in my neck of the woods are just as bad...

They take way too many liberties, and too much possesiveness with the right of way, when they are carrying important cargo.

Really pisses me off...

I hear ya...

;)
  • heh...
    I remeber on the way to one of my golf matches the bus driver was doing 20 over, and tailgating REALLY bad (like 5 feet from the other guys bumper, doing 75 down the road)

I commented on this, and he told me buses have better brakes...:eek:

yea, right...like this huge ass bus is going to be able to stop faster then a honda....
  • My bus driver goes 20 under at max, and hugs the shoulder, stopping every couple miles to let cars pass. It's infuriating...