Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

The first scientific online magazine

Public Library of Science (PLoS) has published its first open-access journal [url="http://www.plos.org/"]PLoS Biology[/url]. Later many other fields of scientific research join in this new online publication which is funded by the researchers for publishing their material in the magazine (so it is totally free of charge for you and me).

I think this will be a very interesting competitor for the traditional scientific magazines such as Nature or Science.

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Unfortunately, biology isn't my research area.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Ahh so they finally got it going. I remember reading about this a couple of years ago. It is free, I assume?
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by croxis [/i]
    [B]Ahh so they finally got it going. I remember reading about this a couple of years ago. It is free, I assume? [/B][/QUOTE]
    Yes, it is free. PLoS was founded three years ago but it took this long to give birth to that online service. Even an elephant could breed more rapidly (gestation lenght varies between 22 and 24 months)... ;)
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    ok. Yah they wanted to create, for a lack of a better phrase, an open sourc scientific journal. Many print journals are bloody expencive. Can't wait for psychology to get in there