Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Morden has Cash: Now what to do with it?

After a brief run-in with the hated agents of free-market capitalism at company payroll, I've finally been paid, now resulting in myself having £900 ($1,550) in my bank account.

Since then, I've been beset by things I want to buy; an X-Box,a life size size steel Crusader Knight's helm (£150), a f*cking gorgeous replica lightsaber (£250), and a whole myriad of Airsoft kit.

However, now that I've got £900, I REALLY don't want my balance to go down, it's such a great feeling! :D

Can any of you guys think of a wise investment or something cool I can spend my wages on but is also fun and practical as well? :)

Regards,
Morden

Comments

• shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    transport dude.. wheels

a full length leather duster... or a piece of clothing youre likely to be buried in

good tools for whatever industry or profession you want to get into... there are always items which you know you'll use forever, a chef buys a set of the best knives, a motor mechanic buys a snap on ratchet etc etc...

if youre interested in music.. a set of senheiser earphones... etc

if you have the henries... buy the best you can get in any chosen item, and 99/100 times you'll get something you'll keep forever, or they'll retain thier value

or go blow it on ale and whores..:D
  • a new personality? :p
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    A life? :p ;)
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Re: Morden has Cash: Now what to do with it?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morden279 [/i]
    [B]After a brief run-in with the hated agents of free-market capitalism at company payroll, I've finally been paid, now resulting in myself having £900 ($1,550) in my bank account.

Since then, I've been beset by things I want to buy; an X-Box,a life size size steel Crusader Knight's helm (£150), a f*cking gorgeous replica lightsaber (£250), and a whole myriad of Airsoft kit.

However, now that I've got £900, I REALLY don't want my balance to go down, it's such a great feeling! :D

Can any of you guys think of a wise investment or something cool I can spend my wages on but is also fun and practical as well? :)

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

Give it to usss? yess preciouss? Sweet sweet £...
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LogicSequence [/i]
    [B]a new personality? :p [/B][/QUOTE]

*Does the sound of a drum-roll* :rolleyes:

SB, my own pimp-mobile is a good idea, but road-tax and insurance for under 21s is ridiculous.

BTW: No moochers, this money is mine! :p

Regards,
    Morden
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    Wanna see if we can smuggle a garand into england? ;)

they are only about 700 bucks :D
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    what sorta lightsaber is that ur looking at?
  • MTMT Ranger
    save it for Invisible War
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    wot about a Scootah dude ?

a road bike ? surely you could get a 250cc machine or something close to it ?
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    *cough*firstones.com*cough*

:D
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    I say keep the money, or at least half of it; never know when you might need it later.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Not enough to blow on a Large Plasma Screen and all the Babylon 5 seasons sets...

But... it's a start eh Bekenn? :D

hah hah hah

;)
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Exactly!
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]*cough*firstones.com*cough*

:D [/B][/QUOTE]

FWAAAAAPPP!

Quiet you...

You have things to auction off! :p

;)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tyvar [/i]
    [B]Wanna see if we can smuggle a garand into england? ;)

they are only about 700 bucks :D [/B][/QUOTE]

LOL! Severely tempted, but customs are about as hard to get through as a fire-brick wall, these days! :D

SD: The lightsaber a replica of Luke's (Forbidden planet also does Count Dooku's and Darth Maul's) and it looks sweet as a knut. I might fork out for it when my next pay comes, taking me just over £1200.

As for a bad-ass Scoo-tay, I don't really need it. I mostly only have to walk to get to the places I need to go, and I catch the bus the rest of the time.

I'll definately go with what Bekenn said and not spend over half, I want some of it to last me until Uni. ;)

Regards,
    Morden
  • Save up a little longer and buy this. :)

[url]http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=519377[/url]
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I got me a kickass lightsaber the other week! luminescent fixed blade, motion sensors, speaker with several different sounds for hitting objects and such, and a metal hilt. only cost me £61 as well!
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]Save up a little longer and buy this. :)

[url]http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=519377[/url] [/B][/QUOTE]

LOL! I think my £10 Casio will do just fine. :D

SD, I know the type of saber you're talking about, but I've got my heart set on the top-end Master Replica version (no blade or anything, just the hilt) which retails about £200.

Regards,
    Morden
    nice. but whats the point if theres no blade?:D
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowDancer [/i]
    [B]nice. but whats the point if theres no blade?:D [/B][/QUOTE]

Exactly, it just looks COOL! Jesus, all this money and so much pointless junk to choose from! :D

Regards,
    Morden
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]FWAAAAAPPP!

Quiet you...

You have things to auction off! :p

;) [/B][/QUOTE]

It's...so....hard!

Ok, I figured out a way that can keep me satisfied and still sound: I'm going to auction off....ownership rights ;)

(Hey, it was worth a try :D)
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowDancer [/i]
    [B]I got me a kickass lightsaber the other week! luminescent fixed blade, motion sensors, speaker with several different sounds for hitting objects and such, and a metal hilt. only cost me £61 as well! [/B][/QUOTE]

I have one of those too, it's Anakin's and now Forbidden Planet has Luke's and Vader's.

I saw the guys in there having a lightsaber duel with them a few weeks ago.

Worf
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]It's...so....hard!

Ok, I figured out a way that can keep me satisfied and still sound: I'm going to auction off....ownership rights ;)

(Hey, it was worth a try :D) [/B][/QUOTE]

:p

;)

:D
  • Buy [URL=http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/65/29/77/19/0065297719311_AV_500X500.jpg]this[/URL]. :D

One for yourself, and one for me, for showing it to you.
  • hehe

I've seen that before...I wanted it then...still do actually... :)
  • Re: hehe

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]I've seen that before...I wanted it then...still do actually... :) [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm getting it for Xmas from my parents, alongside a 512 stick of PC3200 RAM, for some schweet dual channelage in my already uber-schweet PC. :D
  • Heh...Idle curiosity, how big of a difference IS there between 3200 and 2100 DDR?
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]Heh...Idle curiosity, how big of a difference IS there between 3200 and 2100 DDR? [/B][/QUOTE]

I honestly couldn't tell you, but thanks to recent research, I can tell you that Alienware laptops use PC2100, whereas my beastly (it's not really superpowerful, but it can run UT2K3 at max resolution with 60+ fps) rig uses PC3200. Not that that helps at all. :p
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    The biggest things about memory speeds is you want to sync them to your CPU. If your CPU has a 333MHz FSB, then you want PC2100, not 3200, even if your mobo supports 3200. If your CPU has a 400MHz FSB, then go for 3200 - it will be better.

Since 3200 is the fastest, any FSB over 400MHz, its probably best to just go with PC3200 DDR...speed of access never hurts :). (Basically, this only refers to two groups of chips: the new P4's that have an 800MHz FSB and the 64Bit AMDs that have CPU clock speed for their FSB)

-------

Oh, and Morden, you could always give me that money :)
  • I would use it to fund international Terrorism:)