Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

B5 Suits !

HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
So, in a few months I'll be doing a presentation at college for our assignments, and I need to get myself a new suit to do it ! But I can't stand office suits (I despise wearing them). It's not stated we have to wear them, just to be well dressed. And I figured, well, what about those cool clothes you see on B5? ;)

Right, well I don't know about everyone else here, but I rather like some of the Babylon 5 suits (official-type-jackets); such as those worn by Mr Modern throughout the years. Some of these are absolute "quality", and would be a welcome change to wear. Does anyone know of a specific name for these jackets, and where to get them ? I've seen them rarely, but I'm fairly sure they exist outside of Sci-Fi ;-)

Comments

• RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Re: B5 Suits !

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by HuntSmacker [/i]
    [B]Some of these are absolute "quality", and would be a welcome change to wear. Does anyone know of a specific name for these jackets, and where to get them ? I've seen them rarely, but I'm fairly sure they exist outside of Sci-Fi ;-) [/B][/QUOTE]
    AFAIK most of the clothes were, if not totally custom designed, heavily changed. listen to the actor's commentary from season 2, Jerry Doyle talks about the (civilian) clothes....
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Yes I'm aware of that, but as I said on *rare* occaisons I have seen people wearing something very similar. That's motivation enough. ;)
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    I'm fairly certain you won't be able to find 'em, unless you're a tailor and are capable of making them yourself. A shame, too, because I always liked those suits. It's nice to know that, although we won't evolve past poverty or war or any of that other nastiness, we will at least outgrow ties.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Re: Re: B5 Suits !

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RubberEagle [/i]
    [B]Jerry Doyle talks about the (civilian) clothes.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Specifically, that they always cut off the lapels and the collars, so you couldn't steal them. But I think Bruce Box... Brox... Boxt... the guy who plays Sheridan mentioned that they had clothes like that out now.
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    Re: Re: Re: B5 Suits !

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by David of Mac [/i]
    [B]But I think Bruce Box... Brox... Boxt... the guy who plays Sheridan[/B][/QUOTE]
    Boxleitner!
    Everyone should remember it by now.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Boxleitner is such an easy name to remember.
    much easier than straczynski...
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Well, I keep digging and post something if I manage to strike lucky ;)
  • Mr.GaribaldiMr.Garibaldi Earthforce Officer
    I'll be hunting as well... in particular, Mr.Garibaldi's wear was nice, I always wondered where I could get suits like he wore... as well as the long sleve undershirts
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    i always thought the suits were pretty sharp