Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Star Trek Nemesis

Pictorial Plot Synopsis

Funny.....
[url]http://www.stardestroyer.net/Nemesis/Pictorial.html[/url]

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    It's so... accurate!
  • LMAO
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    It's all so true :D
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    [quote]But the second reason is more complex. You see, I did rent the film soon after it hit the video stores. But I didn't write a review. Why, you ask? Well, quite frankly, I didn't write a review because I was utterly disgusted by this film. Those of you who liked the film may find this a harsh reaction; naturally, you have the right to feel that way. But I have suffered through many mediocre and even downright bad Trek films without feeling this way. Star Trek TMP, Star Trek V, Star Trek Generations, and Star Trek Insurrection have all drawn my ire as poorly conceived, poorly executed projects. But Nemesis sets a new (low) standard. For the first time, I felt that the audience had been deliberately insulted by the film's producers. The plot was beyond merely being flawed; it was such a gargantuan exercise in self-indulgence and cavalier disregard for precedent, continuity, and just plain old common sense that I felt simply betrayed. Star Trek Insurrection had tread upon this ground before, but I was somehow able to chalk it up to incompetence rather than disregard for the audience. This time, I could no longer do so.[/quote]

This was [i]exactly[/i] how I felt when I watched the movie. It's not just bad; it feels like a betrayal. It completely ruins any chance the franchise had left (already minimal after Voyager, which, bad as it could be, never reached this level) of regaining greatness within the TNG/DS9/Voyager timeframe.

Well, [i]maybe[/i] a DS9 oriented story could still work, so long as it completely ignored Romulans and anything else contained in this movie, but the TNG characters are now completely unusable thanks to this film. The only way I can think of to fix this is to drop Nemesis from the canon entirely. Have another film, and maybe have character reference this movie as if it were a bad dream, but other than that drop it entirely.

Nemesis killed TNG.
    Nemesis is fan fiction. Fan fiction is not cannon. Thus, Nemesis is not cannon.
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    cannon is produced material, this somehow was produced. therefore cannon.

Kill Rick Berman. thats what i say.
    No! Not cannon! Cannot be cannon! Lalalala I can't hear you!
  • AnlaShokAnlaShok Democrat From Hell
    This guy summed up all the questions I had while watching this train wreck of a movie. The stupid Proto-Data really bugged me. Soong must have built more of these androids than Isaac Asimov wrote books!

I have been a Trek fan for decades. I have wathced the show as long as I can remember. Having already decided that Enterprise was pure, unadulterated, high-potency shit, I was looking forward to seeing the good crew again.

Even Star Trek V was better than this.

The worst I saw of Enterprise was better than this.

Gigli, had it been released the same weekend, should have beat it for box office gross.

Hello, Paramount/Viacom? The cash cow has officially run dry. Looks like you killed it.
  • Star Trek: First Contact was good...

and despite Sanfams rebuttle, so was the Enterprise ep tie in.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rogue Trader [/i]
    [B]cannon is produced material, this somehow was produced. therefore cannon.

Kill Rick Berman. thats what i say. [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't remember a "Nemesis"
    do you, Biggles?
    Nope!
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    The only nemesis out their is "Resident Evil: Nemesis" which was a damn good game, I have no clue what the hell your all talking about.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]No! Not cannon! Cannot be cannon! Lalalala I can't hear you! [/B][/QUOTE]

Damn straight. As a matter of fact, I've never seen the Star Trek name attached to any sort of heavy artilary or mortar-firing weapons at all.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by David of Mac [/i]
    [B]Damn straight. As a matter of fact, I've never seen the Star Trek name attached to any sort of heavy artilary or mortar-firing weapons at all. [/B][/QUOTE]
    you know, i had this though for the whole time reading this thread :D

when we are currently doing some nemesis (the "fanfilm", biggles) bashing:
    The Effects. I mean wtf were they thinking.
    (As a bit of clarification: i saw this film in a triple feature with First Contact and Insurrection.)
    of all the Next Generation Movies, still First Contact has the best spaceship effects, and it's howold? 7 years? 8 years? In none of the new films did the enterprise look as beautiful as in FC. Whats with the whole over-atzecing in Nemesis? it partly looks as if they used some totally wrong specularity settings on the textures...
    [SIZE=12][color=red][b]GET BACK TO ILM IF YOU'RE DOING ANOTHER MOVIE!!!!![/b][/color][/SIZE]
  • As I said, First Contact was the last good trek movie.
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    and btw fellas... its 'canon', if youre talking about 'lore and written histories', and 'cannon' if thats the large weapon which you'd like to put the makers of Nemesis in and shoot them through some concrete bunkers....