Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Wip: Starwars poster...

ok, Comments wanted! Help me make it BETTER. :)

Comments

• PhiPhi <font color=#FF0000>C</font><font color=#FF9900>o</font><font color=#FFFF00>l</font><font color=#00F
    From an entirely non-3d artist stance, and improvement comments only, since you asked (personally I think it looks good):

- I'd say that making the closest X-wing clearer and the further ships slightly out of focus would give it more depth. I see you want the closest one to look like it's moving, but comparitively it makes the other three look like they're just hanging in space.

- There's something about the city light circles that get me...like they're not curving with the planet surface or something. Especially the one behind the ship in the middle.

- Add stars in the sky. Not sharp clear ones, little subtle fuzzy ones. Just so the black isn't quite so...paint bucket black.

- A comment that you can easily ignore is that I personally feel it needs a focus subject. At the moment it's a collection of evenly spaced ships over a planet. Maybe move the closest X-wing up a bit, more into a focus point. Or maybe crop the top part of the picture off to move a focus point down. Or enlarge the X-Wing so that part of it is out of the picture, but it's closer to the camera. Or do something else entirely. I don't know you're final purpose for this so I might be entirely off base with this comment.

Hope those help :)

• MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    The capital ships look a little silly flying at exactly the same angle...
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Messiah [/i]
    [B]The capital ships look a little silly flying at exactly the same angle... [/B][/QUOTE]

I thought so too...
    but I was told they look better this way...and was asked to do so by like, 10 people at scifi-meshes.

they say it shows the "Greater maneuverability" of a x-wing...

maneuverability...of a brick with a jet engion on it. lets see...we have forward, forward, forward, and forward...yep, maneuverable!

anyhoo, latest one

(Clicketh the linketh)

[url=http://www.b5-blender.com/temp/xwingtest11.jpg][img]http://www.b5-blender.com/temp/xwingtest11sm.jpg[/img][/url]
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Whow, great!!!! :)
    The only thing i'd change is, slightly rotate the top X-Wing a bit, as you see through the gap between the wings and the main hull, and (in a ddition to the fact that i'm not sure if that's supposed to be there), i don't like that, but that's personal preference.
    Anything else looks just stunningly beautiful :)
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Id say... lose the two lower capships that are in the black background (i.e. space), and move one of them over the planet.