Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

10 years ago today....

Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
Kurt Cobain ended his life. As a life long nirvana fan it depresses me to realize how long we have gone without him and how awful music has become without him.

He was one of the greatest rockers ever to live. Up there with John Lennon, Jimmi Hendrix and Janis Joplin.

Today break out those records and listen to something special once again. Thats what i say.

Comments

• EclecticonautEclecticonaut Elite Ranger
    Re: 10 years ago today....

I never really liked Cobain, but Jimi Hendrix and John Lennon (in that order) definitely were marvellous artists.
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    Wow, didn't realise it was that long ago!
    Nirvana were good though I didn't like the way grunge killed glam rock. I liked that more.
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    Kurt was a good vehicle for a new brand of sound... mind you you have to remember his strongest single influence was Radio Birdman, a band that recorded 'grunge' about 15 years before anyone knew about the supposed 'Seattle sound'.

Credit where credit is due, his talents as a songwriter are undeniable and just generally an interesting human being, but I'm not so sure about the whole 'vanguard of grunge' part.

Blowing your brains out with a shotgun is also uncool... no matter which way you slice it. I'd consider it if I was married to Courtney Hate but still... there are better ways to deal with life than to simply not participate in a very finite and absolute fashion.

Not only that... killing yourself with a shotgun is horrible for those who have to find you, and clean up. You could use a 'blank' shogun shell with no lead whatsover and the gas pressure alone with pop your head like an over-ripe melon. One shotgun shell produces 80 litres of gas in a couple nanoseconds... I would imagine there would have been bits of Kurt on every single surface in the room he offed himself in.

Why am I being so graphic ? I am because only cowards and fools commit suicide and lets just say I'm trying to discourage it. Unless you have a terminal disease promising a long and drawn out painful death... pulling yourself from your clogs prematurely is for chicken shit flakes...
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    yeah, agreed

but to be honest, I never thought he was quite Jimi Hendrix legendary.
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shadow boxer [/i]
    [B]One shotgun shell produces 80 litres of gas in a couple nanoseconds... [/B][/QUOTE]
    More probably in milliseconds, after all chemical explosives aren't that fast.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SpiritOne [/i]
    [B]yeah, agreed

but to be honest, I never thought he was quite Jimi Hendrix legendary. [/B][/QUOTE]

He wasnt. He made good music, but thats it. He shoulda stayed and made some more, it kinda bums me out that he commited suicide right after he had a child. Stupid man.
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    yeah sorry ET.. correct.. ms, not ns

*gives ET a gold star* :)
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Messiah [/i]
    [B]He wasnt. He made good music, but thats it. He shoulda stayed and made some more, it kinda bums me out that he commited suicide right after he had a child. Stupid man. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah I mean its always the ppl that get left behind that get hurt. And its sad after having a kid. Just how will Courtney explain that one, specially when he/she's older? I think that could seriously f**k kids up like that.