Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Star Wars: Episode III premiere

In Anglo-America on May 19th 2005 and in Europe very soon after that.

[url]http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/production/news20040405.html[/url]

Comments

• WORFWORF The Burninator
    *Hopes that it comes out the same day here*

I am part of a starwars gaming group where half the members American, it will be hard to avoid spoilers.

I remember when Episode I came out, they decided to release it two months later in Europe. I was careful to avoid all spoilers for that entire time. Then the night before I went to see it, someone told me that Qui-Gon died at the end.
    :mad: :angryv: :mad: :angryv: :mad:

Worf
  • EclecticonautEclecticonaut Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WORF [/i]
    [B]I remember when Episode I came out, they decided to release it two months later in Europe. I was careful to avoid all spoilers for that entire time. Then the night before I went to see it, someone told me that Qui-Gon died at the end.
    :mad: :angryv: :mad: :angryv: :mad:[/B][/QUOTE]Spoiling really pisses me off too! I haven't seen The Passion of the Christ yet and one of my friends just told me that Jesus of Nazareth died at the end. :mad: :angryv: :mad:

:rolleyes: :p
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Eclecticonaut [/i]
    [B]Spoiling really pisses me off too! I haven't seen The Passion of the Christ yet and one of my friends just told me that Jesus of Nazareth died at the end. :mad: :angryv: :mad:

:rolleyes: :p [/B][/QUOTE]

It's kinda obvious... I mean, he's the Neo figure. :p
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Eclecticonaut [/i]
    [B]Spoiling really pisses me off too! I haven't seen The Passion of the Christ yet and one of my friends just told me that Jesus of Nazareth died at the end. :mad: :angryv: :mad:

:rolleyes: :p [/B][/QUOTE]

Lol! I nearly said "ahh you spoilt it now" then I thought doh, we all know he dies in the end! hehe.

As for SW funny I was talking about this only earlier and if it was being released this yr as last yr it never did. Not that I was mad on the latest SW films. Older ones were so much better IMO. :)
  • Curses!! I'll be in Germany then, so I"ll have to wait like the rest of the world.
  • AnlaShokAnlaShok Democrat From Hell
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WORF [/i]
    [B]*Hopes that it comes out the same day here*

I am part of a starwars gaming group where half the members American, it will be hard to avoid spoilers.

I remember when Episode I came out, they decided to release it two months later in Europe. I was careful to avoid all spoilers for that entire time. Then the night before I went to see it, someone told me that Qui-Gon died at the end.
    :mad: :angryv: :mad: :angryv: :mad:

Worf [/B][/QUOTE]

Found out about that in an even more stupid way. The Episode I CD came out before the movie and one of the tracks is called "Qui-Gon's Funeral."
    Way to keep the lid on....
  • StrikerStriker Provided with distinction
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AnlaShok [/i]
    [B]Found out about that in an even more stupid way. The Episode I CD came out before the movie and one of the tracks is called "Qui-Gon's Funeral."
    Way to keep the lid on.... [/B][/QUOTE]

The books came out before the movie. Therefore, a person has only to blame themselves if they buy a book or CD from a movie BEFORE it's out and there's a spoiler in it.

Come on...common sense! :D
  • Though the true idiots are the people that went to Titanic and said they got told that the ship sank and it spoiled the movie for them. :)

Though a classic scene is from the Simpsons series 3 when Homer walks out of Empire Strikes back past the queue saying "Who would have guessed that Vader was Luke's father?" :)
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    After I saw The Matrix Revolutions, a group of people walked through the city talking about it loudly. Keep in mind this was the first showing and people were already waiting for the next one. :D

Worf
  • Captain,SimmondsCaptain,Simmonds Trainee trainee
    Reminds of that that time me and somone where talking about ST: Nemsis. and the kid that was siting near us did not want it to be spoiled, so we told him to cover his hears:D
  • AnlaShokAnlaShok Democrat From Hell
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Captain,Simmonds [/i]
    [B]Reminds of that that time me and somone where talking about ST: Nemsis. and the kid that was siting near us did not want it to be spoiled, so we told him to cover his hears:D [/B][/QUOTE]

SPEAK NOT THE HERESY!

Nemesis sucked. I could go on for hours on that, but no.
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    finally saw Episode II last nite (fast forward through all the boring bits).

So.. the good, bad and the ugly of it.

- looks like some cheap videogame cutscene
    - bad acting all over
    - Where's the mandalorians? I thought they were supposed to be involved with the clone wars..
    - How the hell was Obie so dumb he couldnt figure out the planet had been deleted from the archives himself?
    - Yoda with lightsaber.. that was fun scene to watch when drunk prolly, but i wasnt.
    - jarhead still alive

+ clone troopers
    + imperial march
    + war
    + less of that black jarhead

So.. Not that hopefull about the third episode.. Might see it in the theaters this time tho.
  • StrikerStriker Provided with distinction
    Gah...I believe I saw Episode II eight times in the theatre. Hehe.

I saw it OPENING night at Midnight. I was in line for about 1.5-2 hours. It was fun as hell. I had my tickets preordered a few months in advanced. =)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lord Refa [/i]
    [B]- jarhead still alive
    [/B][/QUOTE]

However, think in the irony, now you can use Jar Jar as a scapegoat for the rise of the Empire. :)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anla'Shok Douglas Nicol [/i]
    [B]However, think in the irony, now you can use Jar Jar as a scapegoat for the rise of the Empire. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Only good thing he ever did. :)

And Palpatine would've found another fool, another way. ;)
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    yeah, ep2 was really bad acting. That kid they have playing annikan is just awefull. The rest of the movie has some good parts, but nothing so superspectacular that makes me want to pay lucas extra money to own the dvd.

ill go see ep3 just to see how it continues. Its too bad hes all about the dollar and makes his movies for the merchandising now. The whole pod racing sequence was a really lame part of the movie done only to show off special effects, and make a game. Kind of like the crap that was the Hulk.

edit: by the way, I love this sig:
    Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish!
    Tim: Yeah, but Jar Jar makes the Ewoks look like fucking Shaft!
    I liked Hulk. It had loads of great moments, some good acting.

And emotions.

Honestly.. young David Banner was great. There was just something about him.. ofcourse.. a bit too much of a good father when you think of it.. He didnt beat young Bruce that much now did he? :)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SpiritOne [/i]
    [B]edit: by the way, I love this sig:
    Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish!
    Tim: Yeah, but Jar Jar makes the Ewoks look like fucking Shaft! [/B][/QUOTE]

:D

It's from a TV show called Spaced, it ran for two seasons in the UK, and is filled full of cult references.

ONE episode had references to, among other things, Star Wars, Crouching Tiger, HIdden Dragon, Midnight Express, Casablanca, Platoon, Apocalypse Now, Pulp Fiction, the Matrix, Krull and Hawk the Slayer. :)
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    sorry man, I thought that Hulk was just awefull, Im still waiting for my refund on that one.

I mean, I know they like to add backstory to a movie, but how much is too much. ONE HOUR AND 20 MINUTES OF BACKSTORY IS TOO MUCH. It just drug on and on, and then finally he turns into the Hulk and what happens, we get treated to 10 minutes, YES THATS 10 ENTIRE MINUTES, of nothing more than watching him run, and jump. run, and jump. Come on hulky, run and jump again.

The acting wasnt that good either. And if your a fan of classic Hulk, like I am, it just didnt follow a regular Hulk storyline. Very rarely did Hulk ever fight some incredible super villan, he was just out to help the average person, something they touched only at the very end.

Hey, you gotta love his boyish good looks though.

edit: oh yeah, lou Ferigno's cameo was cool too, that man is still huge.