Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

One question about Kill bill

What Anime is Kill Bill based on?

Comments

• PhiPhi <font color=#FF0000>C</font><font color=#FF9900>o</font><font color=#FFFF00>l</font><font color=#00F
    It isn't...

• Captain,SimmondsCaptain,Simmonds Trainee trainee
    I thought it was.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    kill bill is the 5th original movie written by (legendary) director Quinten Tarentino.

So if you saw and liked :

Resavoir Dogs
    Pulp Fiction
    From Dusk till Dawn
    Jakie Brown

or are just interested in seeing a classic kung fu style movie, go watch it.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    It's inspired by Hong Kong and Japanese ganster and kung fu movies.
  • StrikerStriker Provided with distinction
    Anime BAD! =)
  • Most likely there will be a anime based on the Kill Bill "timeline"
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Striker [/i]
    [B]Anime BAD! =) [/B][/QUOTE]

Not necessarily...

:rolleyes:
  • Data CrystalData Crystal Pencil Artist
    Just placed the order for Vol. 1 DVD from cdjapan.co.jp. Man I hate these age-rating flingies, if I want to see full blood & colour I want to see full blood & colour. Now I'll have to pay 39euros just to get me' hands on the uncencored version. Damn hypocrites, sure the movie is violent and extensive blood is shown but the first 10 minutes show that you can't take it seriously. Besides, I wouldn't let my kid watch it in a million years if I had one. :D

Great movie though, seems to split people's opinions in two with no go-betweens. Some see it as the worst flick ever and others think its just about the best ever. :D Personally, I was in love from the first minute on from the scene where the beat-up & bloody Uma was panting on the floor... I don't care if it's directed by Tarantino, my sister or whateverhisnameis, the movie is just plain darn entertaining. :)
    I think it was a very fun movie, but I don't really feel like having the DVD. :)
  • Note:

In all previews for Kill Bill, it is touted as Tarentino's 4th film. He was a contributing writer to Dusk Till Dawn (and several others) but he did not direct it. So I suppose it's a matter of opinion. BTW, here is the link to his filmography (broken down into actor, writer, producer, and director categories) on Internet Movie Database:

[URL=http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000233/]Quentin Tarantino's filmograpy[/URL]
    Dusk Till Dawn rates as the movie with the biggest plot twist (or perhaps it should be called a plot-rotate-560-degrees-in-10-dimensions) I've ever seen.
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    I loathe Quentin Tarantino with a passion, the only good thing he did was Desperado when they blew his head off, every time I see the movie I cheer at that scene it makes me feel happy.

Okay, its not that I loath him, I just loath his movies, they are not that great people, you just all have damn low expecations!!
  • *BUZZ*...oh, sorry! wrong answer...thanks for playing though!

If you think people like Tarantino's movies because of the violence (which, based on your statement, I'm assuming is the case)...you are wrong.

Truthfully, I can't really even quantify what I find deeper about Tarantino's films (Pulp Fiction, Resevoir Dogs)...but there is something there...something beyond your typical shoot-em-up movie
  • I've always been a fan for rapid fire dialog, and Tanentino has that in droves. You have to pay atention to realy understand what is going on. Some of my favorite scenes in anymovie are just two people having a conversation. Ex: The cafe scene in Heat (not Tarentino i know), The restaurant scene in Pulp ficiton where Samuel is talking to the robber about his revelation (Some of Jackson's best acting), The end of Kill Bill Vol2 (can't say much here, don't want to spoil it.) That same fast talk is why i like Kevin Smith's earlier films. It just depends on what kind of movies you like, it's got nothing to do with high or low expectations.
    I've never been a particularly big fan of Tarentino movies either. Pulp Fiction was OK the first time through, I've yet to watch a second. Sure, they're better than the bulk of the Hollywood trash, but I don't consider them to be cultural marvels. :)
  • Oh yes...and a clarifier; my statement wasn't meant to be an "I'm right, you're wrong, everyone thinks Tarantino is great"...I just meant that the opinion that Tarantino is not a talented filmmaker is not universally held by a long shot...

Tarantino is definately an acquired taste
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RedAssAg05 [/i]
    [B]*BUZZ*...oh, sorry! wrong answer...thanks for playing though!

If you think people like Tarantino's movies because of the violence (which, based on your statement, I'm assuming is the case)...you are wrong.

Truthfully, I can't really even quantify what I find deeper about Tarantino's films (Pulp Fiction, Resevoir Dogs)...but there is something there...something beyond your typical shoot-em-up movie [/B][/QUOTE]

Ive seen great stories, on film and on paper, and if you think Tarantino is deep you really need to broaden your horizons. but thank you for your commentary.

And yes I am an elietist bastard so give me back my shakespear.

god damn bloody heathens we have in this day and age.
  • LoL...Jolly good! I love Shakespeare!

other movies I find to have a deeper meaning:
    Lost in Translation
    Solaris
    Apacolypse Now
    Eyes Wide Shut
    Platoon
    I have to agree with Tyvar, his movies arn't that deep at all.
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    I haven't seen many of his films. But Dusk til dawn was great!! I wouldn't say this was a deep film. The thing I really liked about this film was the way it twisted half way through from kidnapping to a place in middle of desert that turned bloody and black humour dialogue and scenes. Very good. :)

I forget whether I've seen the whole of Pulp Fiction, think I found it abit too silly?!

I'd like to see Resevoir dogs one day.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RedAssAg05 [/i]
    [B]LoL...Jolly good! I love Shakespeare!

other movies I find to have a deeper meaning:
    Lost in Translation
    Solaris
    Apacolypse Now
    Eyes Wide Shut
    Platoon [/B][/QUOTE]

Platoon was okay, but the TV show was better ironicly enough, And Apacolypse Now had good music but overall was a lousy movie. Then again Im biased, my father was in veitnam and after he saw that movie for the first time he was so torqued, my mom told me he spent the next week ranting about wanting to club Kubrick to death. I was raised hearind my dads rants on the topic.
    Eyes Wide shut wasnt bad, it made me think, it also irritated the hell out of me, but shoot at least we got to see Nicole Kidmen naked

come to think of it the only reason I dont detest Kuberik too is because he did a damn good job with 2001 a space odessy. He messed up Clockwork Orange from the book though.

And if somebody praises requim for a dream, Im hurting them, because at some point a movie is TOO deep. Neitche once wrote about being carefull staring into abysses for it stares back into you, and damn if that movie is the BOTTOM of the abyss and its going to try to jump into your soul.. gah.. Im sure that movie has caused suicides.
  • I forgot all about 2001!!! that woulda been on my list too (along with others, surely)

I hear what you're saying Tyvar, and you make the real point here...point of view/matter of opinion;)
    Well yes thats what its about, but Im still going to be a snob and tell people if they want deep this next week you should all go out and Read Dante's devine comedy, all you filthy plebians! :D