Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Leaving

I have the feeling no one realy wants me around, Apently you dont like it when I joke around or my Left Winged Beleifs either. So in order to reduce stress in my life i have decided not to come back.

Comments

• JamboJambo Scriptkiddie
    He'll be back.
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    well, the door is always open mate...tell us whats beyond the rim when you get back mate. :D
  • It was never the beliefs alone. It was the way you zealously tried to force them. One of my favorite teachers at school is as much a commie as Marx. You get more flies with sugar than with vinegar.
    It's actually confusing how you feel this way as I oftentimes feel that conservatives are in the minority on this board.

When you wanted to, you could contribute quite nicely to the discussions on this board. As soon as you realize that, I'm sure you'll be back.
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    Heh....

Simmonds, its not what you say so much as its HOW you say it. Thats something you've yet to learn. Now if you want to storm off like a baby because you got smacked around a few times for your ill-timed "jokes", then thats your perogative. I'd rather you stick around and LEARN from your mistakes, but whatever floats yer boat man. Happy trails.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    First Rule of missing members: If they care enough to say they're leaving, they care enough to come back.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    The only one who's stuck to it is Freeze, and he had to remove himself from the net entirely to do that. :D

And I quote,
    [quote]< UniBiggles> it'd be a pity if simmonds stopped posting. because of him, we've had some fairly decent political discussions start
    < Sanfam> hey, Biggles, post that up :D
    < UniBiggles> he posts some random speal, then people launch into a discussion with eachother about it. :)[/quote]
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    We all go through cycles here...

I have several times...

Real Life starts to get a bit crappy, and the desire to post on the net goes out the window with everything else...

Call it breathing room...

As much as I love everyone here, it gets stuffy sometimes, and I need a break...

A couple times I have said I was leaving, only to come back later and act as though I never said a word...

:p

It's kind like a real life family, you love em, but God, when they all get together you sure get tired of them quick....

• MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    Re: Leaving

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Captain,Simmonds [/i]
    [B]I have the feeling no one realy wants me around, Apently you dont like it when I joke around or my Left Winged Beleifs either. So in order to reduce stress in my life i have decided not to come back. [/B][/QUOTE]

You can only be yourself. You shouldn't let it get to you so much. :)
  • PhiPhi <font color=#FF0000>C</font><font color=#FF9900>o</font><font color=#FFFF00>l</font><font color=#00F
    Hmm, maybe I need a break...Jack says "Real Life starts to get a bit crappy" and I think "the comic in a unfunny streak"...
    I'll take a break in a week :D

And Simmonds, I think that sometimes you do get treated unfairly. I've been amazed and impressed many times when you do continue to come back. So do what you need to do I guess. But visit :) Biggles' quote is right.

• StrikerStriker Provided with distinction
    Simmonds...treat other people the way you want to be treated if someone talked to you.

Follow that simple rule and life will change for the better. :)

...and we all know you'll be back. :D
  • AnlaShokAnlaShok Democrat From Hell
    Hey, don't leave me alone with all these fascists! ;)

[SIZE=1](Diclaimer: I don't believe anyone on the boards is really a fascist)[/SIZE]
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AnlaShok [/i]
    [B]Hey, don't leave me alone with all these fascists! ;)

[SIZE=1](Diclaimer: I don't believe anyone on the boards is really a fascist)[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

...Who said we weren't? In fact, I'd wager a guess that nobody here reads the company memos. We've sort of been under the rule of my [b]Iron Fist[/b] for a few weeks now. I say, bring on the executions!

As for Simmonds, I'd say, perhaps take a little vacation, but come back sometime! You've been improving every day since coming here. I mean, look at some of the interesting discussions you've created (and completely without flames in any of the content)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]...Who said we weren't? In fact, I'd wager a guess that nobody here reads the company memos. We've sort of been under the rule of my [b]Iron Fist[/b] for a few weeks now. I say, bring on the executions![/B][/QUOTE]

A few weeks? More like a few years!
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    I miss DG....

:D :D
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    Don't let the ass hit your door on the way out.

Or was it...

Well anyway, I'm inclined to agree with David of Mac. I don't think we've seen the last of him. At the very least, I think he'll be back under a different name.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    you know, back when i was at school (ahh...simple days....) there was a guy like Simmonds who would sit at our table at lunchtime in the canteen. needless to say we had arguments like we do/did with simmonds, which could get quite heated at times, but now i find that i think quite fondly even of those times when we wanted to punch each others lights out:D
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    Ack no dont leave us simmonds! damnit! what are we going to do without our comedy relief!?

I think its time for a kidnapping to bring him back!!!
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]We all go through cycles here...

I have several times...

Real Life starts to get a bit crappy, and the desire to post on the net goes out the window with everything else...

Call it breathing room...

As much as I love everyone here, it gets stuffy sometimes, and I need a break...

A couple times I have said I was leaving, only to come back later and act as though I never said a word...

It's kind like a real life family, you love em, but God, when they all get together you sure get tired of them quick....

:p [/B][/QUOTE]

Pffft, the internet is my life, and I don't just mean that because I'm a geek. I never get tired of this place.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    I've many times thought of leaving this place, but it's impossible. Everymorning the first place I visit on the internet is this place.

So, Goodluck Simmonds, you're really got to have a strong mind if you're going to stay away from here. :)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by C_Mon [/i]
    [B]So, Goodluck Simmonds, you're really got to have a strong mind if you're going to stay away from here. :) [/B][/QUOTE]
    I hope so too. :D
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]We all go through cycles here...

I have several times...

Real Life starts to get a bit crappy, and the desire to post on the net goes out the window with everything else...[/B][/QUOTE]

I can attest to that. I was gone for what....a year? Soon as I got some free time, I started posting again.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Noone ever leaves.

They just go for a walk...
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AnlaShok [/i]
    [B]Hey, don't leave me alone with all these fascists! ;)

[SIZE=1](Diclaimer: I don't believe anyone on the boards is really a fascist)[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

I am, and proud of it! :D
    Oh yea.. I'll be gone by the end of this month too..

None of you love me anymore.. cuz you dont invite me to bukkake parties. :mad: :confused: :(
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    That's because you always refuse to clean up after yourself, Refa :rolleyes:
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    ..........dont want to know:eek:........
  • On a dark desert highway
    Cool wind in my hair
    Warm smell of colitas
    Rising up through the air
    Up ahead in the distance
    I saw a shimmering light
    My head grew heavy, and my sight grew dim
    I had to stop for the night
    There she stood in the doorway
    I heard the mission bell
    And I was thinking to myself
    This could be Heaven or this could be Hell
    Then she lit up a candle
    And she showed me the way
    There were voices down the corridor
    I thought I heard them say

Welcome to the Hotel California
    Such a lovely place
    Such a lovely place (background)
    Such a lovely face
    Plenty of room at the Hotel California
    Any time of year
    Any time of year (background)
    You can find it here
    You can find it here

Her mind is Tiffany twisted
    She's got the Mercedes bends
    She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys
    That she calls friends
    How they dance in the courtyard
    Sweet summer sweat
    Some dance to remember
    Some dance to forget
    So I called up the Captain
    Please bring me my wine
    He said
    We haven't had that spirit here since 1969
    And still those voices are calling from far away
    Wake you up in the middle of the night
    Just to hear them say

Welcome to the Hotel California
    Such a lovely Place
    Such a lovely Place (background)
    Such a lovely face
    They're livin' it up at the Hotel California
    What a nice surprise
    What a nice surprise (background)
    Bring your alibies

Mirrors on the ceiling
    Pink champagne on ice
    And she said
    We are all just prisoners here
    Of our own device
    And in the master's chambers
    They gathered for the feast
    They stab it with their steely knives
    But they just can't kill the beast1
    Last thing I remember
    I was running for the door
    I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
    Relax said the nightman
    We are programed to recieve
    You can check out any time you like
    But you can never leave

(1 Biggles, perhaps? :p)
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    Ahhh the Eagles. And very fitting too.

There's a tribute band here soon, but don't think I'll go. :)
  • I was thinking of parodying the song, because it's just so easy with this place (Hotel California being FirstOnes, crazy woman being Martia--err, Phi--err... Refa. :p:p), but I didn't want to embarass myself. :D
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the_exile [/i]
    [B]I was thinking of parodying the song, because it's just so easy with this place (Hotel California being FirstOnes, crazy woman being Martia--err, Phi--err... Refa. :p:p), but I didn't want to embarass myself. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

well.. as the moon wasn't a moon but a space station, I'm no woman. I'm a man. That thing between my legs tells me so.