Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

some f'ed up news

Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
[QUOTE][B][SIZE=4]Teacher charged with having sex with 14-year-old student[/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE=1]Tuesday, June 29, 2004 Posted: 11:51 AM EDT (1551 GMT)[/SIZE]

TAMPA, Florida (AP) -- A 23-year-old middle-school teacher was charged with having sex with a 14-year-old student in a classroom, at her apartment and, once, in a vehicle while the teen's 15-year-old cousin drove.

Detectives said that the cousins provided matching statements incriminating Debra Beasley Lafave and that the 14-year-old described Lafave's apartment and her tattoos and birthmarks.

Lafave, who teaches reading in the Tampa suburb of Temple Terrace, was arrested there last week on lewd and lascivious battery charges, accused of having sex with the teen earlier this month at her apartment and in a portable classroom at Greco Middle School.

She was out on bond on those charges when she turned herself in Monday in Marion County, about 80 miles north of Tampa, where the cousin lives. There, she is charged with lewd and lascivious battery and exhibition. She was released Monday on $25,000 bail.

Her lawyer, John Fitzgibbons, said he was not ready to respond to the allegations. "There is a presumption of innocence in this country," he said.

The teen told investigators that he and Lafave got to know each other during a class trip last month, and their sexual relationship began June 3.

The boy told detectives that Lafave told him that her months-old marriage was in trouble and that she was attracted to him because having sex with him was not allowed.

Lafave, who has worked with the Hillsborough County school system for two years, has been placed on administrative duty and could be suspended without pay at the next school board meeting, officials said.

In Marion County, authorities say Lafave had sex with the student in the back of her sport utility vehicle while the cousin drove them around the Ocala area [/QUOTE]

and here is one that hits closer to home, since i live in this city.

[QUOTE][B][SIZE=4]Woman wins damages for fertility clinic error[/SIZE][/B]
[SIZE=1]Tuesday, June 29, 2004 Posted: 2:07 PM EDT (1807 GMT)[/SIZE]

WILMINGTON, North Carolina (AP) -- A jury has awarded more than $400,000 to a woman who was accidentally inseminated with unprepared sperm during a visit to a fertility clinic.

The jury Monday returned a verdict of $85,000 in compensatory damages and $350,000 in punitive damages to Kelly Chambliss. Those amounts could later be altered downward.

"We're pleased with the courage of the jury," Chambliss said. "We hope this never happens to anyone else again."

Chambliss, 37, walked into the clinic in August 2002 for her 12th attempt at pregnancy. A nurse practitioner inseminated her with the contents of an unlabeled syringe. The syringe contained unprepared sperm left over from another client's procedure two days before.

Two days after the procedure, Chambliss said clinic officials told her that she had been injected with "unwashed" sperm, which had proteins that caused her uterus to contract.

A judge ruled February 5 that the nurse practitioner and the clinic were negligent and guilty of medical malpractice. A jury was then seated to determine damages.

The total amount of the damages may be altered downward since the state legislature capped punitive damages at either three times the amount of compensatory damages or a maximum of $250,000.

John Martin, attorney for the clinic, the Coastal Area Health Education Center, said the total adjusted award would be $335,000. [/QUOTE]

taken from CNN.com

Comments

• The nurse just walked up and stuck her with the syringe???
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    sick sick sick...

hard to tell which is the worse story...both are, as you aptly put it, both in the slang and proper meanings, f'ed up...

heh...I know, I'm sick. :D
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    You know, my sister and her husband were visiting over the weekend, and somehow, we got onto a subject similar to the first story.

My sister mentioned a few relationships between the some of the younger teachers and the older students, including a pair that got married about five minutes after graduation.

My brother in law's story was a bit more interesting.

One morning, the algebra teacher failed to show up. It was about twenty minutes after class began, and the students were all sitting on their desks and talking and screwing around, like high schoolers do when the teacher is out of the room, when Mr. Algebra arrived. He ran in, threw all of his stuff at his desk into a bag, and ran off, saying only "Bye, guys!". They ended up getting a new teacher, and it was only later that they learned that he was on the run after getting a senior pregnant.

Which, I imagine, would cause any teacher to shit himself.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    would you be interested to know that the teacher in the first story looks like this...

edit: um the girl

[IMG]http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v254/Gremlin5/engagement_01.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v254/Gremlin5/vert.jpg[/IMG]

source story from the smoking gun found [URL=http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0628042teach1.html]here[/URL]
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SpiritOne [/i]
    [B]would you be interested to know that the teacher in the first story looks like this...

edit: um the girl

[IMG]http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v254/Gremlin5/engagement_01.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v254/Gremlin5/vert.jpg[/IMG]

source story from the smoking gun found [URL=http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0628042teach1.html]here[/URL] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, teachers sleeping with students is wrong, but if YOU were the 14 year old student, and you'd just slept with your teacher who looked like that, would YOU turn her in? me? No way in hell. not even a little bit. lol