Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

F*&$ing Rain

F%#%ing rain has flooded the city once again:( As some of you might gas herd about the flooding in the Peterborough, Ontario area which I happened to live in that city. Its was raining prity hard last night. and this morning there was about 1 metre of water on the street.(Right now there is none). and my grandmas basment got about 30 cm of water in it, and my Aunt got about 60 cm. Lucky for me I live in an apartment on a hill:)... The last time this happened was about two year ago.... I'll post some pictures later:)

Comments

• Captain,SimmondsCaptain,Simmonds Trainee trainee
    Here are the pictures I took today..... Most of the flooding had stoped, but some areas where still flooded when I went out. I also took some in my grandmas basement, which alot of the stuff was floating around.... Like the Freezer, Lucky most of the stuff in the basement is not worth much. Also over 100 mm of rain fell last night

[url]http://www.angelfire.com/alt/rhammer4k/Rain/flood.htm[/url]
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    It looks like you folks up there got the same sort of thing we did!

A few days ago, it was pouring like mad. The entire area was flooding pretty badly, but thankfully we're kind of hilly. However, my car sucked up some water in my attempt to get home, and is now having (possibly unrelated) oil pressure problems (though it may just be a faulty cable to the sensor made worse by tons of water). Hopefully you folks didn't suffer much permanent damage...
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    We have brush fires.

It's been an odd year down here in sunny (excessively so, in fact) Florida. It was cool for far longer than it should've been, to the point where spring didn't seem to really kick off until March.

And there was a price. Now, it's fantastically hot, fantastically dry and (best part) fantastically humid. Now, I know those last two seem to be a contradiction, so let me explain. While it is dry (in the sense that it hasn't rained and the grass is brown and flamable), it's also humid (in the sense that it's sticky, and that it's been getting dark and cloudy starting in the early afternoon every day for the past week).

Bloody weather tease! Getting all cloudy, thunder and lightning, even drizzling within a mile or two, but not a damned drop on my damned yard!

But, hey, I know I'll be eating my words soon. If the pattern continues, in a few weeks it'll start raining. And it won't stop. Or, if we're really unlucky, a hurricane will come and cause massive property damage, and I can live in the equivalent of a third world country all over again, just like twelve years ago. Joy.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    And here? Here, it was foggy today. I think it might have caused an accident.
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    Warm today, but not unseasonaly so, so far this summer its been fairly cool so not too many fires. Strange string of earthquakes off the coast though, so who knows maybe things will liven up around here?
  • Meteors spewing green flame have been crashing pretty much nonstop, and unfurling to reveal their true form--stone golems animated by hellish magic from the floating portal to Azeroth.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    You were lucky! The seasonal dragon attacks have forced us to travel south to pillage, burn and rape. Sad story...
    You guys should try living in middleearth some time. Bloody orcs...
    BAH, you will never know the Bliss of living on Malta in Omicron Gamma.... Nice warm weather.... Razer sharp Orange Grass everwere, Hot Women that will kill you if you look at them the wrong way....... So good you will get sick if you leave after living there for a long time!!!
  • PhiPhi <font color=#FF0000>C</font><font color=#FF9900>o</font><font color=#FFFF00>l</font><font color=#00F
    And I thought Oobleck was bad... (exile should get this one. And no throwing Bartholomew and the Oobleck!)

• Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    And I wonder!
    Still I wonder!
    Whooooo stopped the raaaain?

Cookie to the first person to guess the song and group that performed it.
    In the news in oregon, nothing much happend.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vertigo1 [/i]
    [B]And I wonder!
    Still I wonder!
    Whooooo stopped the raaaain?

Cookie to the first person to guess the song and group that performed it. [/B][/QUOTE]

Who stopped the Rain. Written by John Fogerty. Performed by Creedence. Next.
    mmmmm Creedence...
  • An ex-SquidAn ex-Squid Elite Ranger
    Send some of that rain over to New Mexico. We wouldn't mind having some...:cool:
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Messiah [/i]
    [B]Who stopped the Rain. Written by John Fogerty. Performed by Creedence. Next. [/B][/QUOTE]

[img]http://www.bakercountyonline.com/md-2389/cookie.jpg[/img]
    That picture is fast becoming annoying.
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by David of Mac [/i]
    [B]It was cool for far longer than it should've been, to the point where spring didn't seem to really kick off until March.

And there was a price. Now, it's fantastically hot, fantastically dry and (best part) fantastically humid.[/B][/QUOTE]
    Congratulations, you seem to have same kind of weather as we had here in eastern Finland at last summer.
    It's especially nice to sleep when temperature stays over 25 C. (and humidity is tropical)

This summer has been really cold and wet... and thunderstorms caused same kind of flooding in couple cities just two days ago.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vertigo1 [/i]
    [B][img]http://www.bakercountyonline.com/md-2389/cookie.jpg[/img] [/B][/QUOTE]
    hmmmmm...... A bit AOLish there Vertigo... And we know what happens to AOLers here.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    yeah, i saw on the local news about the storms while i was out there in canada. i saw the edmonton malll was flooded a couple of days before i went there and the ice rink was still closed........what a noveltly for a yokel like me, an ice rink and a swiniming pool in a shopping mall:D
  • PhiPhi <font color=#FF0000>C</font><font color=#FF9900>o</font><font color=#FFFF00>l</font><font color=#00F
    You mean malls outside of Canada don't always have ice rinks? :confused:
    You poor deprived people...where do you play hockey in the summer then?

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    well here in scotland we dont really play hockey that much. lol, and the biggest mall round my way wouldn't even fill a corner or one of your malls:D
    It seems I was right. Now, we get a big rain storm, with the delightful electrical activity that makes Florida lightning strike capital of the country.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Phi [/i]
    [B]You mean malls outside of Canada don't always have ice rinks? :confused:
    You poor deprived people...where do you play hockey in the summer then?

-Φ [/B][/QUOTE]

We're a city of over a million people and we only have one small, run-down ice rink. :)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by David of Mac [/i]
    [B]That picture is fast becoming annoying. [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh, I'm sorry, is this better:

:D :D :D
    Cookie Fight!
    [IMG]http://www.towerhost.com/~taosap/images/GoodJobCookie.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.towerhost.com/~taosap/images/GoodJobCookie.jpg[/IMG]

Oh, and for the record...I've never played ice hockey in my life ;)

• C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Phi [/i]
    [B]Oh, and for the record...I've never played ice hockey in my life ;)

-Φ [/B][/QUOTE]
    What? Shame on you! ;)
    Well I have gone dogsledding, built multiple igloos, and support Tim Horton's religiously, so I figure that's enough Canadianifying for me ;)

• C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Well...ice hockey still rules! :)