Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Since it looks like you've been left to dark...

Mr. FuryMr. Fury Earthforce Officer
[URL=http://games.slashdot.org/games/04/07/17/0533221.shtml?tid=206]Freespace fans, check out this.[/URL]
Much more discussion about it [URL=http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=19]here.[/URL]

Comments

• WHYWHY Elite Ranger
    keep the bad man away!
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Yes. So I heard. "Woo" would definitely not be the right word...
  • An ex-SquidAn ex-Squid Elite Ranger
    Biggles, that is NOT something to smile about, particularly if you happen to be a FS/FS2 fan (and I most certainly am).

I used to think it was Mr. Smart who got screwed by the publishers when he was working on BC2K, but after reading his little diatribes I'm firmly convinced that his own phucked-up attitude was (and still is) at fault. I just hope like hell that he doesn't get the license, or that he doesn't change things around to suit [I]his[/I] idea of what games should be like if he [I]does[/I] get it (the man can create a good game if he puts his mind to it and keeps his attitude out of the way; unfortunately, doing the latter part is something that Mr. not-so-Smart sucks at).

Hmmm... now where did those Remote Beam Cannons get to...
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    Oh god no, no no no NO!!!!!! [B][SIZE=4]NO!!!![/SIZE][/B]

And I was hoping that certain people from Volition were going to be able to pull something togeather to get the rights :(
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by An ex-Squid [/i]
    [B]Biggles, that is NOT something to smile about, particularly if you happen to be a FS/FS2 fan (and I most certainly am).[/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry. It's habit to use that icon. :) Pay attention to the post, not the icon. I think Smart getting the rights would be worse than noone getting them.
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    Great, one egoist more with attitude problem... just what we need!:angryv:
  • So if this guy gets the license he will be making FS3? I don't like how he talked down to the people working on Ferrium. His previous projects aren't exactly impressive by any means yet he has the arrogance to essentially say his "team" makes all the work on HLP look like crap. Sorry to say it but the work the SCP team has done makes his games look like garbage. By his first post on the HLP forums he seems to think he is god's gift to game development. What was the best review one of his "great" and "successful" games every got, a 3/10 or something. Talk about a massive ego. Sorry but no thanks. [V]olition makes it or a team from within the FS community or no one at all as far as I am concerned.
  • TycoTyco Ranger Texas
    He just sounded over-all pissy.... not exactly the type of person I would want holding the rights to one of my all time favorite games.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ranger1 [/i]
    [B]By his first post on the HLP forums he seems to think he is god's gift to game development.[/B][/QUOTE]

He doesn't seem to think he is. He quite obviously does think he is. In my opinion, he's God's gift to us as entertainment so long as he never gets the rights to Freespace or any other good game.
  • An ex-SquidAn ex-Squid Elite Ranger
    Did anyone else happen to see the photo of D.S. that was posted in the HLP forums? He looks more like one of those gangsta rapper wannabes...:p :D Heh heh... maybe someone could arrange for him to "accidentally" end up in a barrio somewhere in L.A. or San Diego... chik, chik, KABOOM!!:D