Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Crusade: The Complete Series on DVD

[quote]Warner has officially announced the region one release of Crusade: The Complete Series which stars the likes of Peter Woodward, Gary Cole, Marjean Holden, Tracy Scoggins and Daniel Dae Kim. This four-disc set will be available to own from the 7th December this year, and should set you back around $59.98 in total. Each of the episodes will be presented in 4:3 full frame along with English Dolby Digital tracks. Extras will include audio commentaries on selected episodes and a behind the scenes documentary

Cover image is available at the URL below. [/quote]

source: [URL=http://dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=4798&n=1&burl=]DVDanswers[/URL]

Comments

• WORFWORF The Burninator
    Can't wait!

Worf
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Ack... 4:3?? Noooooo!!!
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    that cant be right at all, it cant be!!!!
  • Yeah 4:3 sounds just too weird to be true... :eek:
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Imhotep [/i]
    [B]4:3 it is...I think we'll survive. If they changed it you wouldn't be happy with results. Messes with the CGI shots which was mentioned in another post. [/B][/QUOTE]

No it wouldn't. Babylon 5 CGI was done in 4:3 ratio and there was no problems, that is because the CGI was done with the 16:9 ratio in mind.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Cool! Nothing on PlayUSA yet.... hmmm patience...
  • Alpha-1Alpha-1 Elite Ranger Germany
    Reply from JMS about Widescreen Crusade DVD's

[quote]>Not widescreen then?

Alas, no.

The reason that WB was able to release B5 wide is that TNT had paid to have
    them re-telecine'd to that format. It would take about two hundred grand to go
    through and do that with Crusade...and even though they've now grossed about
    half a BILLION dollars on the B5 dvd's to date, they don't seem inclined to
    want to spend that.

(Needless to say, my last profit statement showed the show still in the red,
    which gets increasingly hysterical as time passes.)

jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
    (all message content (c) 2004 by synthetic worlds, ltd.,
    permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine
    and don't send me story ideas)

[/quote]
  • LorienLorien The First One
    hey all

I have never seen the Crusade. we don't get it in Israel.

question: is it any good? as a hardcore B5 fan I feel I should be getting this, but will I be disappointed? or is it really a great show?

Lorien
  • Well, most true hard-core fans will complain about the lack of Chris Franke's music, and bitch about this new Evan Chen guy's stuff.

They'll also complain how badly TNT screwed it up too, like they did with B5 - Season 5... But I'm not most people.

I like the show (from what I can remember of it anyway! lol), and I LOVE the music! It completely suits the atmosphere of the pilot, AND the series, I think. Granted, it's not as EMOTIONAL as Franke's stuff, but it's something different. Something new. I liked it. That's that.

Whether you will like it or not, is something I can't predict. Everyone has different tastes and I can't tell you what is good and what is not, because something that is good for me may be terrible to you.

Anyway.. that's my 2 cents. I suggest renting or borrowing it from someone (this is when one's contacts/connections come in handy) and watching a few eps first. Then if you like it, you can decide to buy the entire thing.

If you wait long enough, I'm sure you can find USED (P.C. version: PRE-VIEWED) ones for like half the price on Amazon or Ebay or whatever, in like a few months after the release. Wait longer and it'll continue to drop in price for a while.

K, gotta go.

-Zoltan
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zoltan [/i]
    [B]They'll also complain how badly TNT screwed it up too, like they did with B5 - Season 5... But I'm not most people.[/B][/QUOTE]

For future reference: TNT did not intervene [i]at all[/i] in season 5. No creative notes, no particular requests (beyond paying for the production of the TV movies) -- they didn't even watch the dailies. Season 5, for better or for worse, is completely Babylonian's project.

Oh, yes, and Crusade is excellent.
  • LorienLorien The First One
    Thanks guys. I have pre-ordered it through amazon.