Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Leisure Suit Larry Banned!

Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
In Austrailia it seems.

Coming from [url]www.atomicmpc.com.au[/url]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Latest Leisure Suit Larry banned - 6/10/2004

John Gillooly & Byron Connolly, Atomic

Upcoming game Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude has been refused classification and banned by the Office of Film and Literature Classification (OFLC) due to its sexual content.

This comes hot on the heels of the refusal of classification last week of the game Manhunt after its initial MA15+ classification was reviewed.

Leisure Suit Larry is based around the bumbling journeys of a suit-clad character Larry Lovage who takes part in "extra curricular" activities at college. Larry attempts to woo and have sex with or play sexualised games with a series of female characters, an OFLC report said.

The game was officially refused classification on 9 September.

The report said the computer game contains "obscured and/or implied sexual activity and obscured and partial nudity involving stylised, animated characters."

These depictions occur in "full-motion video sequences" and include instances such as Larry receiving below-screen fellatio from Koko. "Sucking sounds are heard," said the OFLC.

An OFLC spokesperson confirmed that the title had been banned and could not be imported, hired or sold to the public.

Publisher Vivendi Universal Games has declined to comment on the decision about Leisure Suit Larry, which is a highly anticipated follow-up to a successful series of adventure games during the 1980s and 1990s.

Competing publisher Ubisoft publishes games title Playboy: The Mansion. In this game, players take control of Hugh Hefner as they build the Playboy empire.

Similar to Larry, the game features censored depictions of sexual activity.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments

• TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    And the US is the most draconian nation in the world eh?

BUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    Why wouldn't they rather ban themselves.

Idiots are far more dangerous to people, than some natural sexual stuff.

- PJH
  • Reaver4kReaver4k Trainee in training
    I dont get why Sex is so bad in the US... Show one Breast everone Goes Ape shit...
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    its got nothing to do with content.... the censors know the real truth... that a Vorlon is on the development team and its all a very cunning subliminal mind control thing to make us all more pliable and amenable to the Vorlons when they come to ensla... make us thier friends....

:)

~~~~~~~~

In more serious terms, what a crock of crap. If anything all this will do is send it underground and people will be privately importing it. Customs will have alot of fun trying to catch it coming in, if they even work out its a 'prohibited item'.
    Another thing about censors.... My friend bought Rammstein "Live Aus Berlin" DVD.... And to his disapointment it was missing of of the songs performed at that Consert... Fucking censorship...
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    now are you sure it was censorship?

it could very well have been cut for time on the dvd, or during that song the DAT recording peaked and the song became unusable because it wouldve been unprofessional.

shouldnt jump to conclusions till you know your right. you very well could be.

but who am i talking to?
    Actly other versions of the that have the song on it, Just not on this one.
  • An ex-SquidAn ex-Squid Elite Ranger
    Nothing Canberra does these days surprises me anymore; this kind of B.S. is unfortunately not unusual these days (or so it seems).

I have to wonder if folks Down Under are becoming as apathetic towards what goes on in Canberra as people here in the States are regarding what happens in Washington (having less - far less, in too many cases - than 40% of eligible Americans actually vote on average sure as hell qualifies as apathy in my book).
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Reaver4k [/i]
    [B]I dont get why Sex is so bad in the US... Show one Breast everone Goes Ape shit... [/B][/QUOTE]

Still too many Bible Thumpers in the midwest I guess...

:p
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]Still too many Bible Thumpers in the midwest I guess...

:p [/B][/QUOTE]

Damn them.... Do they like Drill holes in there bibles and fill the holes with Lube when Thumping the Bible?
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    [url]http://forums.firstones.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=114959#post114959[/url]

Way back on Oct. 6th....
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Reaver4k [/i]
    [B]I dont get why Sex is so bad in the US... Show one Breast everone Goes Ape shit... [/B][/QUOTE]

In case you hadnt noticed, the game was banned in AUSTRALIA not the US.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vertigo1 [/i]
    [B][url]http://forums.firstones.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=114959#post114959[/url]

Way back on Oct. 6th.... [/B][/QUOTE]
    Heh, heh... like I said...;)

Tyvar: And you think the same thing can't happen [I]here[/I]? The Poster Formerly Known as Simmonds (:D) still has a damn good point. Ms. Jackson's little stunt may not have raised any eyebrows over in your neck of the woods, but I know it pi$$ed off (and still pi$$es off) a lot of people here in the Land of Entrapment (and the rest of the Bible Belt as well).
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by An ex-Squid [/i]
    [B]Nothing Canberra does these days surprises me anymore; this kind of B.S. is unfortunately not unusual these days (or so it seems).

I have to wonder if folks Down Under are becoming as apathetic towards what goes on in Canberra as people here in the States are regarding what happens in Washington (having less - far less, in too many cases - than 40% of eligible Americans actually vote on average sure as hell qualifies as apathy in my book). [/B][/QUOTE]

Given how the election that was yesterday apparently went (I'm basing this on a headline I glimpsed on the plane earlier), I think they are.
    God... I was afraid of that. :(
    Ex-Squid: Ms. Jackson started waving her boob around in the middle of a football game, I think they were more pissed out her taking up extra time out of the Superbowl for her antics then they were for any other reason.

Americans have always wanted certain things kept out of the public eye, but as long as we can by them discretely, its okay.